spot your surroundings

FYI guys, you do NOT want to be eating anything during this chapter! yeerch! so, just a fair warning, but otherwise, enjoy!

PIDGE'S P.O.V

Once I had woken up, I was no longer laying down next to Keith. I sat up to realize that his armor was off, and he had changed into his normal clothes. ( we keep packs of clothes just in case) I realized this because his jacket was spread across my lap. I got up to change into my clothes.

Once I had come back to our treehouse, I realized something that had slipped my mind; where was Keith? I had only thought this after realizing that I put on his jacket. "KEEEIIIITH!" I called, looking for him.

I reached down to grab my Bayard when I realized something; it wasn't there. "huh.that's strange." I thought out loud. "I don't think I even had it when I woke up. maybe Keith-" my thinking aloud was interrupted by Keith swinging in on his Bayard- oh, wait, that's right! MY Bayard - to come to a stop next to me.

"morning pidge," he said, looking down at me. once he saw me, he turned a nice shade of red. "oh-you-um-ah-" he stammered. then, he let out a nervous laugh that was as fake as Ariana Grande's hair. (NO, it's NOT jealousy, its just facts.)

I looked down to see what embarrassed him so much. and that's when I realized it; even though his jacket is a bit small on him, he's still twice my height; making the jacket go halfway down to my knees. and since I wasn't "boy pidge" anymore, I switched to slightly shorter shorts, making his jacket completely cover my shorts. (lol I know, guys. I know.)

"Oh!" I realized taking off his jacket. he closed his eyes for a second, then opening them to remember I had clothes on underneath. that's when I got kind of shy. "i-um, thanks. for the warmth." I shuddered. that's when I snapped back to reality. "um, HELLO?!?!" a voice in my head said. "stranded on a planet! need to make communicator!!!" "OH! how are we doing on the signal?" I asked, changing the subject.

"it's going well!' he responded, his red face returning to its natural color. "once we build the antenna, and connect the pieces, we should be good to go! then all we'd have to do is, you know, wait." "perfect. can you get me a lift up to our tree house?" I asked, pointing up at it. "sure. hold on." Keith said. he pulled me close against his stomach (as high as I can go next to him.)

"OH GOD, PLEASE NO!" I yelled. all the pieces of technology that had taken hours of work on; torn apart, some pieces even missing, with a bird of some sort pecking at a piece of the motherboard. I took Keith's Bayard (only fair; he took mine.) and stabbed the bird right in its chest.

KEITH'S P.O.V

I flinched. "pidge! what was that for?!?' I asked, looking at the poor bird. "we need to get those pieces back." She responded, taking my Bayard/sword out of the bird. "ever dissected a space-bird before?" She asked, looking back at me.

"It looks like I'll be able to say so after this," I said, smiling at her. she I nodded. "looks like we caught lunch, " I said, holding up the bird. Pidge put an absolutely horrified look on her face. I laughed. "kidding." then we got to work.

once I split open the stomach, a cloud of almost toxic smelling air flew out. I gagged, looking dizzy. "oh no." Pidge said, looking at me. " you're not passing out on me. I can't do this alone." she said. "I'll try my best," I said, getting to work.

we dug around the stomach and intestines and got most of the pieces. "please tell me we got everything." I said, getting close to throwing up. "no.." she said. I groaned. "but I don't see any harm in taking a break." she said. "oh God thank you!" I said, instantly getting my hands out of the bird.

Just then, I looked over to see pidge throw up all over the floor of the tree house. " OH MY GOD PIDGE!" I yelled, running over to her. "i-i'm fi-" yeerch! she kept throwing up everywhere. once she stopped, it was because she passed out. I laid her down on the grassy ground so she wouldn't ruin the tree house floors anymore.

like I said, sorry about that grossness, it'll be the only one (besides a bit of the second one) I promise. thanks for reading, hope you liked it, and I'm so sorry it been so long since I've updated! lol, anyways, anything bold and italic is my thoughts btw, so this parenthesis in the chapter was me, FYI. hope you have a fantabulous (fantastic-fabulous) weekend, love you guys so much. I'm open to any suggestions...poor pidge!