chapter 2; start to survival

KEITH'S P.O.V

          I quickly swam up to the top of the lake, gasping for air. once I had enough to breath fine enough, I  looked around. i didn't see her. "pidge!PIDGE!" I panicked. I started looking around, splashing in the water. I swam underwater, to see her sinking down to the bottom.  I then  quickly swam my way down to her, making me run out of air.

       once I finally reached her, I swam up to the top, and laid her gently on the ground surrounding the lake. i got out of the lake, and then ran to her side. "PIDGE! PIDGE, WAKE UP!" oh no... i couldn't lose my only partner on this planet. I couldn't lose really my only  friend. so  I did the one thing that there was left to do. CPR. i started pushing on her chest, like i'm supposed to, when she instantly spat water out on my face, breathing heavily. "OH THANK GOD!" I said as I hugged her. "we made it." pidge said weakly. "we made it on the planet." i laughed a laugh of relief, and replied "yeah. we did. but next time don't go drowning on me, ok?" "ok...sorry.' she said, smiling a weak smile.

PIDGE'S P.O.V

my brain gears started shifting again. we're on a planet. we don't know anything about this planet. we're stranded. then i remembered; "the ship." i said to keith. "what?" he asked, confused. "the ship's gotta have some pieces of technology we can use as a signal, maybe we could get it to the other paladins." i said, an idea forming. "or," keith said, looking out to the horizon. "we could send it out to the GALRA and get ourselves killed."

        i stood in silence, not willing to accept defeat. that's when an idea popped into my head. "that's it! that's ingenious! since its galra tech, they could read it as their crew. They can then attack us, and the paladins will see it as the galra attacking, come here, and save us!"

         keith stared at me blankly. then he made an angry face. "wh-what?" i asked, getting nervous. he then smiled. "lets make that our plan B." i stared at him with an annoyed face, giving out the look that says " really-dude-you-scared-me-half-to-death-you're-scary-when-your-mad-stop-it". we both busted out laughing, then went to go find the ship.

         when we got to the pod, we had walked about 3 miles. i looked at the ship, so see it in flames, stuck in a tree, way up in the air. "were not going to be able to get up there, are we?" I asked, my hopes sinking down. keith threw his bayard at the tree, and it got stuck in the trunk. Was he mad? 

        "Keith, im sorry! its not-" i started, but was interrupted by keith picking me up and resting me on my shoulder. "whaa! Keith put me down!" i said, kicking my legs. He then placed me down on top of his bayard. that's when his plan came to my mind. "oooh." I said. I took out my bayard, and jabbed it up higher on the tree, and then started using them as steps up the tree.

      We hadn't really thought this through, huh? once i finally got up there, the question was, how am i supposed to move this? now, the flames had gone out by now, so that wasn't a concern anymore. but this pod was big. and as you know by now, i am not.

           then i looked at my bayard, and an idea popped into my head. i used my bayard as a grapple, so keith could tie it around his waist then  to come up. so he did. " are you telling me you could've done that all along and not have wasted one varga trying to get up?!?" "sorry, it slipped my mind." I said. "now how are we going to move this?" 

         we thought about it for a while, whatever plans we had came to dead ends each time. " ooh, here's an idea." keith said, as he started to stand up. "how about we don't? all we need to do is make a signal, we could still build it from up here. maybe this could be our campsite." i thought about this. he did have a point, we could build it from up here, and it could keep us safe from whatever dangerous creatures lurked around on this planet. "alright. lets do it." i said,standing up. "perfect. this is a start." keith said. "how long will it take us to build a signal, anyways?" keith asked, looking over to me.

  " EIGHT DAYS?!?" keith yelled, surprised. "you didn't let me finish." i said, looking at my calculations. "eight days, if  one of us does it on our own. but we wont. we'll do it together, and escape this planet together."  i said, putting my hand on his shoulder,looking at him with a sincere look in my eye.  

         "but what if we don't? what if we don't make it? what if we get eaten? WHAT IF-" "KEITH!" I yelled, interrupting his worrying fit. " It'll be fine. you have to trust me." i said, kneeling down to get on eye level with him while he was sitting. i  looked at him in the eye, reaching my hand out to him. "do you trust me?"

    Thanks for reading this!!!! now, i know i said every weekend, but i just couldn't wait!!! so, SURPRISE!!! anyways, i hope you guys liked this, and i hope you all have a fabulous rest of the week. HAPPY WEDNESDAY!