Chapter 1:

Alicia POV:

Well I hate school even more now I just hate how I have to get paired with Elyza Lex. The girl never does any work and always is in trouble but I do have to admit she is hot. Elyza is... exiting to say the least like don't get me wrong I hate her but she is really hot. It might just be her Australian accent but damn.

Anyways my art teacher assigned me and Elyza to partner up for portraits of each other. I mean of all the people he had to give me her.

"Hey I'm Elyza though I am guessing you knew that huh."

Her voice was soft but pulled me out of my thoughts. "Ya and I you guess you know I'm Alicia then seeing as how you came up to me huh. " "I'm sorry that came out rude. "

"Don't worry about it. I was wondering what you are doing after school. " Elyza really wanted to just get this project over with I can tell she never jumps into one. Well I'm not going to lie I did want to see her so I did the logical thing.

"Nothing do you want to meet at my house or yours or we can go to the cafe or something. "

"Wow I just met you and you are already asking me out. " She said chuckling.

"You wish. " I shot back with a smile.

"Wow so cocky. How about your house I like to sketch in quietness. Plus it is less likely we will be spotted together. " That hurt.

"Wow ok then. " I said as I started to walk away. She grabbed my arm.

"I didn't mean it like that I just mean it's probably better for you to not be seen with the druggies kid. I know what these kids say about me that is why I have very little friends I don't want to drag them down with me and us seen in public together will be like social suicide for you." She sounded genuine.

"Ok meet me after school we can walk together. " I said

"Not a chance if we are going to yours I'm driving. " "Ok deal." I shook her hand and we walked to our next class.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The bell rings so I go to head to the locker rooms and remember I never told Elyza that I played soccer. I looked everywhere and eventually told my friend Anya to tell the coach I would be a few minutes late.

I walk out the front door and there is Elyza sitting on the steps and I walk over to her.

"Hey I'm sorry I'm so stupid I forgot I had soccer practice today and so if you want you can wait or we can just meet up tomorrow." I said and I see her lips curve into a smile.

"I can wait I've got nothing better to do than watch hot chicks play sports. " She looked at me and winked and started laughing so I laughed too.

"Okay well I am going to go to the locker rooms and get dressed then. " I said and just then I noticed why she was laughing. My face was as red as my jersey. No one has ever had that effect on me before and I wonder what is different about her.

I get to the field as soon as the team starts stretching. We do some drills then we get separated into 2 groups for a scrimmage game. I look into the stands and sure enough Elyza is sitting there with her sun glasses on and her sketch book out. She looks so good just sitting there relaxing just hanging out.

I hadn't noticed I was staring until the ball hit me in the face and of course it was Ashley. I hated her so much. She found every excuse she could to ruin my life. All because I got into Berkley and she didn't.

I open my eyes and see the sky then Elyza. Her ocean blue eyes and soft lips. I get snapped out of it when Ashley leans over me with her big ugly grin.

"Oh Alicia I'm so sorry I totally meant to do that. " She says and I just stayed there not moving still in shock from what just happened.

"Hey leave her the fuck alone Ashley. She didn't do anything wrong. " I totally forgot Elyza was here.

"What did you say dyke? Huh. That's what I thought. Druggie Jr. Over here thinks she can talk to me. Well at least I'm not the reason my dad killed himself. All because you like to stick you nose where it doesn't belong. It won't be long till you mom does the same. " Ashley just sat there. Elyza just looked at her and ran off.

I got up and went sprinting after her. I found her on the side of the gym punching the concrete walls. Her hands were dripping in blood already and she was crying.

"Elyza I had no idea I'm so sorry for what she said. She has always been like that." I tried to comfort her as best as I could. But I never had to do this before so I wasn't that good at it.

"Whatever it's not like she was wrong. Except the druggie Jr part. I have never done drugs. But my dad killed himself because I found out he was cheating on my mom. GOD dammit he would be so ashamed of me right now." She said as she punches the wall again.

I move in front of her so she can't hit the wall again. I'm scared and I don't know if she can tell so I do the next best thing I can think of.

"Hey come on let's go. "

"Where? "

"My house I can get you hands cleaned up there and then we can just hangout. Maybe we can go get pizza or something. "

"You sure you want to get seen with me in public. It might just put you in the same place as me and that is the last thing I want is for you to get dragged down with me. "

"I'm sure, " I grab her hand, "come on let's go before Ashley comes back I don't need her becoming that wall." I say with a small chuckle.

"Go get your bag and stuff I will wait for you here. "

"Ok but no more punching the wall ok?"

"No promises but I'll try. "

"Ok." I walk back too the locker rooms to change and get my bag.