Chapter 3:

Alicia's POV:

I wake up to someone's arm wrapped around me and when I glance back I see Elyza. She looks so peaceful and so I just lay my head back down so I don't wake her.

I feel her grip tighten around me and she starts to move around. I look and she starts to say something and then she starts to scream.

"Elyza... Elyza wake up its just a dream. Hey... " I try waking her up then suddenly she shoots up and is now crying. She looks at me and just hugs me really tight.

"Hey your ok. Shhhhh it's ok I got you it was just a dream. Your ok your safe. " I whisper into her ear and we just sit like that for a few minutes.

She eventually lifts her head up and looks into my eyes. Then she looks at my shirt and starts laughing.

"I'm so sorry I ruined your shirt with my tears but I know see that that is for the better. I mean come on really. Did you find that in the kids section? " She is dying of laughter now.

"Wow last time I try to be nice to you. " I playfully punch her in the arm.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

We pull up to school on Elyza's bike and everyone was staring at us. I look at Elyza and she just shrugs and walks into the school.

I find my friend Anya and go over to her. I really needed to talk to her and she was always there fore me.

"Wow Clarke showing up with Lex. Huh Ashley was right after all. You have a crush on her don't you? " She loves to tease me about my love life. Or lack thereof.

"Wow ok no she just came over yesterday and we were working on our art project and just hung out. She's actually really cool. And ok maybe I like her a little but that doesn't concern you. " I knew she would freak if I told her what really happened.

"Ok ok damn chill. Ashley was just saying you two were like a thing now. " I looked over at her then back at the ground. I went to say something but the bell rang and me and Anya had to go in seperate directions to get to first period.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Today went by pretty fast and I was exited when I had to go to Art and saw Elyza walking. I had to run to catch up with her but I didn't mind. I snuck up behind her and covered her eyes with my hands.

"Guess who. "

"Ashley... Wait no your hands are to soft and I have a cross in my pocket. " She was such a smartass but that is what I loved about her.

"Wow ok fuck you too. " I said while laughing.

"Wow take me to dinner first." We continued our walk to Art just joking and laughing with each other. I just choose to ignore the states we were getting while walking.

"Ok class now don't forget your projects are due either next Friday or before for extra credit. You have the rest of the period to work on them. " Mr. Collins said. He new that we were all going to never do what he asked so he offered extra credit if we turned them in early.

"Ok so do you want to start or should I. I kinda have a rough idea of what I want yours to look like from yesterday. Until Ashley had to hit you in the face. " She looked down at her hands and her nails were digging into her palm causing them to bleed.

"Hey look at me I'm fine ok. Nothing to worry about. She just thinks she is better than everyone. " I tried to calm her down and it seemed to be working.

"I know. It's just I have never felt like this before. I have never really cared about anyone. Not the way I care about you. " She said these words almost like she was scared to. Like she was afraid of what would happen.

"What do you mean? Like you always get in fights because you are protecting people. " I just don't understand what she is trying to tell me.

"I mean that I'm scared. And not for me. But for you and for her if she hurt you again." She leaned in close so she can whisper so no one else heard.

"Remember when I had my nightmare last night? I was dreaming that someone hurt you. That my dad didn't kill himself and we were happy. I brought you over to meet him and his mind was in the gutter. He tried to hurt you and I-i-i hurt him before he could do anything serious but he hurt you. And then it showed him in his bed just like when I found him. Only he never had the gun... I did. I killed him because he hurt you. "She was now crying quietly so no one noticed. I grabbed her hand and dragged her to the bathroom.

"Elyza look at me. Your ok. I'm ok. We are both here and safe ok. I promise to never let anything happen to you as long as I'm alive. I feel this need to protect you as well. I just --I'm scared. I don't know why or what or who. I just know me and you. We can protect each other. Ok?" I look at her and she seems to have stopped crying now. I help her clean up and hug her. I go to walk out of the bathroom but she grabbed my hand and spun me around so I was met with her ocean blue eyes.

Her gaze dropped to my lips and mine to hers. I hadn't noticed how close our faces were until right now. I start to lean in as does she. We meet in the middle and I can taste the salt from her tears on her lips.

"Well if crying gets me a kiss like that I should cry more often. " Elyza says when we pull away.

"Oh shut up. " I pulled her in and kissed her again. The butterflies in my stomach were doing backflips. I was so happy in this moment.

We heard someone coming so we pulled away and she hid in a stall as I walked out. We met in the Hall and decided to wait until class was over to get our things.

We just went and hid in a janitors closet ironically and she just looked at me with the biggest smile on her face.

"So what should we do now? I mean we are in a closet. No one will ever know. " She just smirked.

I looked around and found a nice dark corner and took her over to it. I pulled her in for a kiss which she was happy to return. We kept kissing until we were both smiling to much to continue.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

A/N

So let me know what you guys think I know I don't have very many readers right now but I hope that changes soon.

-Alex