Chapter 13:

Alicia POV:

I look over and was so happy to see my best friend and girlfriend laughing and getting along great. I am sad that the circumstances of them meeting has to be when she gets shot but I do have to say that seeing how cool he is about us being together.

"Alicia did you find the pills or not? I love you babe but I am in pain! " Elyza's words pull me out of my thoughts.

"Yep I found them. Here take like 2 or 3 and they should help a little. Ibuprofen usually isnt for gunshots but it might work. " I was really hoping it would I really hate seeing her in pain.

She took the bottle from me opened it and took out 3 pills and put them in her mouth. I hand her our drink from the movies and she swallowed the pills.

"Ok the faster we take the bullet out of her the faster I can suture her. I always have a suture kit with me it's in my bag. While you two wait for the pills to kick in I am going to go down to my Jeep and get it. " Matt starts to walk away but I needed to tell him one thing so I runt to catch up with him.

"Thank you Matt. I missed you so much and I just needed you to know that before you go down there. I love you. You were always there for me even when my parents died and I thank you for that. And for taking care of the woman I am in love with. " I hugged him so tight and then he walked away.

"I love you too commander. Or should I say Heda? " He joked as he went down the fire escape.

I walk over to Elyza and she is starting to sweat. I feel her forehead and she has a fever.  She also is really pale and I know that's not good.

"Hang in there baby. Matt will be right back and then everything will be ok. I promise. Don't you dare leave me. "I can feel her looking at me and I meet her ocean eyes.

"I wouldn't dream of it. And Heda? " She laughed a little. Well I guess we weren't as far away as I thought.

"It means commander. It is in a secret language Matt and I made when we were like 9. Our parents never did figure out what we said. " I smiled at the memories of me and Matt talking in Trigedasleng.

"What is it called or do you not have a name? "

"We called it Trigedasleng which means Forest Language. The house I grew up in had a forest behind it and that is where we spent most of our time, up in the trees. We got bored one day and started to fight each other. Said we were going to become warriors. Then we got to high school and we knew that we couldn't do it anymore. But he never gave up, joined the army and lived his truth. " I never noticed how little Elyza and I knew about each other. We knew the basics but nothing into our past or anything.

"Wow that is awesome. Could you teach it to me? It would come in handy never know." She made a good point especially considering our situation.

"Sha. That means yes. " She nodded.

A few moments later Matt came up the stairs of the fire escape.

"Sorry it took so long a few people tried to take my bag. I have all my stuff here so I can make sure we all make it through the night. I also pulled the latter up and put a bar in the handle of the door so we should be safe up here." He looked over at Elyza.

"Ready princess? "

"Princess? Really? Your lucky she is shot or she would beat the shit out of you. " I couldn't hold in my laughter.

"What she looks like a princess. Remember all those princess movies you used to make me watch with you? Well we are living one. Elyza is the princess you are the commander of the knights and I am just a mere knight." He said very matter of factly.

"Ok I think it is adorable how you two sit and bicker like an old married couple but can we get this thing out of my shoulder. I really just want to get up and leave. Maybe go fight some people but can't if we don't get this thing out of me. "

"Right sorry babe. Ok Matt are you sure you know what your doing? Like is there going to be any damage if you do something wrong or-" Matt cuts me off.

"Look I know what I'm doing ok? Remember I was in the army I have delt with much worse than this. Ok trust me Heda. " He reassures me.

He opens the duffle bag I never even knew he had and pulled out a bunch of tools. A thing that looked like big round ended tweezers, a few small metal bowls, some rags, two water bottles, his suture kit, and some what looked like morphine.

"You had morphine this whole time and you made me take ibuprofen asshole?! "Elyza hit him with her left hand.

" Hey in my defence I didn't remember I had it until I opened my bag right now. " He was laughing and I felt kinda bad for Elyza.

"Just get the damn thing out. I am very tired and I really want food. " She looked a little more pale than before.

"She's losing a lot of blood. Elyza do you know your blood type? "

"A- and I really want food now let's do this and go get pancakes. " She was so adorable even though she was shot.

"Use mine I'm o-. And isn't my girlfriend the most adorable thing in the world." She jus giggles and I kiss her forehead ok time to put her on morphine.

Matt takes out something else and gets ready to insert the needle in her when I stop him.

"What is that? " I point to the syringe in his hand.

"It is a drug that we use to knock people unconscious in the field. Don't worry she will be fine I just don't think you want to hear her screaming in pain when I pull out the bullet. " He says and I just nod.

I grab Elyza's hand and squeeze it tight.

"I love you. " That's the last thing I say before she goes to sleep.