Chapter 8:

Elyza POV:

We are going down stairs when I smell the second best smell ever. The first is Alicia of course, but this is a smell I have not had in years.

"Good you two actually came down. Dinner is on the stove help yourselves and eat wherever you want. " Mary was really nice I really like how ok with all this she is.

"Ok thank you. " She just nods and goes back to the show her and Nick were watching.

"Come let's get some food and get out while we still can. I don't think my mom has let it sink in that me and you are together. When it does we will know because she will implement the doors open rule. "

"The what rule? " I was very confused.

"Doors open. It's when we have our boyfriend or girlfriend over the door must be open at all times. It blows."

"Wow ok ya that sounds like it sucks let's go and shut the door behind us then. While we still can. "

We grab some food and head upstairs to Alicia's room when we hear crying coming from Ofelia's room. We walk into Alicia's room set our food down and knock on Ofelia's door.

"Come in. "

We walk in and see Ofelia sitting on the floor in front of her bed. She has red puffy eyes and her shirt is soaked from her tears.

"Hey, are you ok? What's wrong? " Alicia is such a caring person. She always put her family and friends safety before her own.

"Nothing it's just so stupid. I didn't mean to bother you guys. I'm sorry. "

"Hey you aren't bothering us ok? You don't need to be sorry. I get what it's like to just be uprooted from the place you have known and then suddenly get thrown into a new place. The first week or so is the worst. No matter how many times you get placed. " I knew from experience. Alicia just looked at me urging me to go on.

"My mom is a drug addict. The first time she was arrested my sister and I had no where to go so we got placed into a foster home. And I am such a trouble maker they moved us... a lot. My sister always came with me though. Even if I was the reason for us to be kicked out she always stayed by my side. No matter what. Until she got too old for the foster care system and was forced to make a life of her own. On my 18th birthday she picked me up from juvie and took me to her house. I have been there since then. "I finished with tears in my eyes.

We all just sat there and talked about our problems when I noticed what time it was.

" Babe we need to go to bed now. We have school tomorrow and it's already 12." She looked hesitant to leave Ofelia's room but did anyway.

We both said our good nights and went to her room. We layed down on her bed and she cuddled up next to me while I turned on Friends.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I woke up to my phone vibrating like crazy and I looked to see what was happening. I see I have 38 un-read messages and 12 missed calls from Alex. I open them and my heart drops. Oh wait no that was my phone. Well shit.

"Baby what's wrong? Is everything ok? " Alicia is so cute when she just wakes up.

"I need to go like right now. We need to get your family and get them as far away from here as possible. " I almost fall out of bed trying to get up.

"Why what's wrong? Elyza whatever your middle name is Lex tell me what the fuck is happening. Why do you need to leave? "

"Abigail."