Ch.2 - Something Lost That Won't Be Found

Maybe he had overestimated the helpfulness of those he had chosen to have him pick out what he desired. But with Kaminari getting impressed by every ring, Kirishima's repeated words of him having to pick one that represents you, Deku's muttering about something, and Todoroki only telling him of the rings you would not like at all... he was starting to lose his cool.

"D-do you know her ring size?" The poor man behind the counter at the engagement section tried to ask, looking for his manager to help him.

"Not now..." Bakugou told him, scanning the display case.

The twinkling objects under the glass were not even close to what he was looking for. They were all too new... too sparkly... too... too not what he came into this specific shop for.

"Oh! That one's really pretty! Get her that one!" Kirishima pointed out, bumping into Bakugou. "Oops. Sorry, Bakugou."

"Oh man... Ashido wants to leave for the airport an hour before Jirou lands... how long is this supposed to take?" Kaminari asked, Bakugou's irritation growing.

"I thought you were supposed to be off of your phone?" Todoroki asked, looking at a ring Bakugou was looking at. "She wouldn't like that... the diamond is much too big."

"Kacchan..." Midoriya tapped his shoulder. "The man behind the counter is trying to talk to you."

Bakugou looked up, seeing a new employee had come forward. He introduced himself as the shop manager and that he'd be very glad to help him if he needed anything.

"No, screw off." Bakugou told him, looking back at the rings.

The silence was short lived though... as once more his companions seemed unable to hide their excitement for him and thus continued to speak and push him one direction or another.

"Oh! What about this one?"

"Bro! This one is nice!"

"Kacchan... I think you should have been a bit nicer to the manager..."

"She'd want something you picked out for her... not to impress her."

The number of voices had finally reached their peak. Bakugou's temper was ready to burst... and he knew the next person who spoke to him was going to get the worst he had to offer.

"Sir, is there anything specific I should keep my eyes out for?" The manager asked, wanting nothing more than to help this strangely angry man find the ring to ask that special question.

Too bad for him... he asked at the absolutely worst time...

"How many fucking times do I have to tell you it has to be perfect!" Bakugou hollered, slamming his fist down onto the glass container as he did so.

He watched in horror as the glass shattered upon impact, the noise that came with it making all of his tagalongs, employees, and other customers turn and look at him. His eyes widening at his accidental show of power and strength... in the worst of ways.

"Well isn't this perfect." Todoroki spoke as he observed the manager press a button under the display.

~~~~~

Despite their best efforts and apologies... the group had been escorted out by the security team of the jewelry shop within five minutes of the display case having been shattered. And now, the ash blonde was sitting on a park bench... listening as the others attempted to cheer him up.

"There's like... a million places you can buy an engagement ring at in this city, dude!" Kirishima spoke, nudging Kaminari.

He put his phone away and smiled towards his friend. "Yeah man! Just cause you broke one display doesn't mean it's the end of the world! You can still marry (Name), and with a better ring than that store could have had!"