Ch.15 - So... That's how this feels...?

The jewelry twinkled underneath the lamp on his nightstand. The rose gold and twisting metals wrapping under the large gem was enough for him to feel a pit in his stomach grow. Maybe all this had happened because of his hesitance and worry that he had been repressing. Thoughts of you saying no and him continually putting it off had created the same lying and the dishonest way he spoke with two years ago when he refused to just accept how he felt and what he felt for her.

And it was starting to affect him in other ways now as well... seeing as you saw his latest problem. The barren neck of his and he was too into his own mindset of tracing down the idiots who attacked you all to even notice until you had graced your fingers upon his skin and said those words that just seemed to make everything that much more enhanced about yourself but make everything else fade.

The way your usually calm and pretty (eye color) hues went wide, how your lips quivered and the way you asked him as he felt the wrapped bandage fall onto his shoulder and drape down his body like it was nothing more than a scarf that had fallen off in the blistering chills of winter and not because he had been nearly scraped by a ghoul.

"Katsuki.... Are you okay?"

He grits his teeth, gripping the velvet box that much tighter and feeling his handshake from the anger inside of himself. Once again she had gone out of her way to worry about him when she should have been worrying about herself.

She had gone toe to toe with that salamander asshole and had the burns to show it... and yet, she was worried about him and his almost too flawless skin and body. Did she not care enough about herself? No... that wasn't it at all... he knew she did. He just knew the real reason.

She was trying to think of why he might have not said anything to her... and it had come out like a worried question. But it was much much more than that... as he knew she had been stirring since they returned home.

Her footsteps often coming to the door of the bedroom he had trapped himself in and hovering as if deciding whether or not to knock. And then walking away to go and do something else. Her way of calming herself down so she could approach this rationally and not with the judgment of a phantom she already had the misfortune of seeing earlier.

She had already been through more trauma and forced wounds reopening than she needed today... and now, she was forced to deal with him as well. Only... he locked himself away to deal with how he'd handle it when it came to it. But all he had done was play the game of self-pity that had yet to be released properly.

His arm finally released a bit of its tensed energy, his arm shaking rather violently. Bakugou's eyes widening as he witnesses a certain small object fly off from the velvet box and land on the carpet near the dresser where he kept his clothes. Nestled underneath and now in darkness. His heart thumping wildly as the symbol of his love for her having gone from his careful hands and now off in the abysses of the room where he might not reach.

He was on his hands and knees and on the carpet before he could even process his thoughts or actions. His one track and infatuated mind telling him that if anything had to go his way... it was finding the ring and putting it back into his safe hands. He couldn't lose this... not when everything else was going so quickly to shit.

This ring was his relationship to you... his feelings for you... his unquestionable, immeasurable, and undeniable affections for you. His one and only, his other half, his chosen... his lifeline. He needed this ring in his possession... if he didn't have it... did he even really have you?

If he didn't have the ring, did he really know if his feelings were true?

He didn't want to think about, he only wanted to find the ring. He only wanted to at least have something to put his faith into that you and him... would make it out of this. That like everything before... together you were stronger and that nothing could stop or scare either of you so long as the other was right there.