Ch.8 - A Smell of Dread in the Air Ruins The Day

(AN- Since everyone still seems to want me to keep updating, I'll do my best to do so. So as long as I keep seeing a need to update this fic and others, plan for updates.So if you'd like more fic... please leave me comments and let me know. Thanks)

At the end of the day... Midoriya, Uraraka, Todoroki, and Shinsou returned empty-handed. Chisaki had somehow managed to create an illusion right in front of Todoroki and Shinsou's eyes... and just like that disappeared.

They had searched the woods until the moon was high in the sky. But no luck... no prints thanks to the rapidly falling snow and no witnesses of his escape either. The group had stuck around for another two days afterward... but it soon became clear that it was time to leave.

Chisaki had yet to return, Eri was stabilized for the most part... and Bakugou had run out of blood. And within another day or two, his body would start to have a mild craving for blood again. And thus, Midoriya had said it would be time to start to head home.

Nothing more could be done, and Uraraka had made sure to leave an enchantment for Eri to protect herself from Chisaki should he return. If activated she and Midoriya would come to her rescue... and with that, the small female seemed fine.

As Todoroki did one final sweep of the area surrounding the village and Deku and company said their thanks and goodbyes to the Sami people... Bakugou was left to finish his packing. He was feeling much better, that was for sure... but he also had the problem of his barren neck.

In the end, he decided it would be best to just wait until he knew exactly if there were any side effects before he dealt with it. He wanted it fixed, but couldn't do anything until he knew exactly what the cause was and how to reverse it. Until then... he could only think of one temporary fix to his problem.

The piece of medical wrapping was tight around his neck, hiding away what was no longer there. Bakugou sighed, still wondering exactly how this was going to go. On one hand... he knew he should tell you... let you know that something was happening. But on the other hand, he didn't want to pester you with worries and fear for the future.

He knew well enough from the last two years that you couldn't handle too much stress, and was pretty sure him coming home and announcing that 'oh, by the way, the mark that shows I'm a vampire is gone, and I got some ominous warning from a five-year-old... but I'm sure it'll all be fine.' wasn't exactly going to make his dumbass feel any better.

She'd stress over him, worry over him, and would spend countless days straight trying to help him. And while he was slowly getting used to her doing this... he was used to it being done for smaller things. Not for something this big... this unknown. And thus, he decided that at least until he knew what was going on with him... he was going to keep it to himself.

He planned to tell you... he really did. But he wanted to tell you when he knew it was a good time and he could assure you things would be fine. But as things stood currently... that wouldn't be the outcome.

Bakugou sighed, raking his fingers through his hair as he gathered the last of his belongings and made his way to the door of the hut. Outside everyone aside from Todoroki was waiting. Bakugou closed the door, locking it behind him and tossing the keys to Uraraka.

She caught them with a quickness he wasn't expecting and then turned to one of the Sami people who took the keys back from the fairy. Uraraka's words thanking them for their hospitality. Near her, Midoriya seemed to be talking to the elder, nodding every now and then. And as the conversation ended, he turned to look at Eri who had been holding his hand through the entire conversation.