Ch.26 - Reunions are always too complicated...

Ch.26 - Reunions are always too complicated... especially when it's time to part again.

Sounds of waves gently crashed against the sand, sending soft and bubbling pieces of sand and sea foam coming with it. Not too far off, sitting among the dry sand and away from the crystal clear water was the pair of vampires.

One leaning against a tree, his arms crossed. His crimson eyes closed as he listened in on what you were telling him was happening, where you both were and what exactly was happening in the outside world at this current moment. The female near him sitting with her chin resting on her knees as she spoke more and more. Explaining every little detail of how she managed to get here and why the pair of them needed to get back.

"So... those three assholes who ruined the day at the Farmer's Market did this?" Bakugou sighed, looking as if he didn't want to have to deal with another issue after having literally just dealt with the issue of his marks and bond to his soulmate.

"Yes. I still am not sure why they are doing this... but I am worried. Currently, we're the only ones who are still in this dreamscape, and we need to leave soon." You urged him.

"I know." Bakugou sighed. "But hell... it means the minute we wake up... it's gonna be back to fighting for our lives. Can't the universe only throw one of those at us a day? Maybe even a week if it's feeling fucking generous?"

"Didn't you once live for the thrill of a fight...?" You rose a brow at him, watching Bakugou tense up. "My oh my, Katsuki... you've turned terribly domestic, haven't you?"

He snarled towards you, seeming to not want to be reminded of how he secretly has enjoyed the peaceful life he had built with you. More so that it would continue as there was still an engagement ring on your finger, even in a dream world.

"Alright." He rose to his feet, stretching his body as if it was the real physical one. "How the hell do we get outta this once nightmare area?"

You nodded to him, getting up on your own feet as well. "I'll do it. But you have to be quiet okay... uses a lot of concentration and energy to even move around... let alone enough to break free finally."

"So you're not fucking useless after all, huh?" Bakugou teased you, seeing a low glare come his way from you.

"Unlike you... I don't like to get involved into these types of situations..." You grimaced. "But then again... the people I'm friends with don't make it easy to stay away from this life or its events for long, does it?"

"Nope." Bakugou shook his head. "'Sides... something tells me the lonely baker girl likes a little adventure too. Maybe that's why she wasn't pissed these last two years about re-entering this hidden supernatural world of ours, huh?"

"Oh shut up! Or I'll leave you here by yourself again!" You stomped your foot, but your weak threat still didn't sway Bakugou in the slightest.

"You won't." He shook his head. "Not when you pushed yourself so much to come and find my sorry ass. Now, use that special emotion ability of yours and wake us up or whatever it is you do."

You nodded to him slowly, ducking your head down so he wouldn't see the smile on your face. Your hands clasping together as you focused on who you were looking for. If you could locate Eri-chan... then she could pull the string of connection of the both of you enough to wake you up.

"Hand." You instructed Bakugou, holding out your hand to him.

He rose a brow at you, seeing you look back up at him and smile. "I want to take you back with me after all. We do things together... including fighting for our lives and happiness."