Chapter 3 Promises

Bills POV
Pain flooded my chest as my mind raced when I went to the mystery shack and discovered Pinetree wasn't there I was about to leave when a picture behind the cashier lady cracked in multiple places. My eyes widened as I saw it was of pinetree. I dashed out to the only other place he could be.
The Clearing.

I ran through the clearing and gasped as I saw teardrops on my cement prison. Horror flooded through me as I followed dippers footprints to a cliff. My stomach dropped as I saw a blue and silver book. I ran towards the cliff edge to see a sight that made me almost throw up. I teleported down there and checked his pulse before I came to the assumption he was dead. Thankfully he was on the brink of death and I could still heal him... But only so much. I held my hands above his chest and Bill fire appeared as I heard multiple snaps and pops of his bones popping together and the smell, of blood. Finally, after an hour he was healed fully. I felt something drip on my hand and I sighed. It was going to rain. I grabbed Pinetree and his book and teleported to my house where I sat Dipper on the couch while opening his journal. Tears dropped onto the page while I read his Suicide note. Through and through he cared about others before himself. I flipped to the page before it and grimaced he had already met Nightmare... Fuck... I need to take my dimension back over... I stared at Pinetree before pulling his head in my lap reassuring myself he would be okay while playing with his hair.
XXXXXXX
I sat back as tears dripped down my face. Pinetree hasn't woken up and its been a week... Will he ever wake up... Tears splattered on Pine trees face as my meatsacks stomach roared once again. I growled back but then Pinetree let out a groan and squeezed his eyes shut. I looked at him while more tears fell from my face to his making him grunt again.
I bit My lip before whispering almost pleading, "Pinetree... Wake up... Please..."
Even more tears fell from my eyes onto his cheek and he grunted once more before his eyes fluttered open
I smiled
"Pinetree..?"
"...bill?"
Joy lit up my face as he sat up in stared at me. I smiled and was about to respond when he tackled hugged me tears falling down his face.
"It worked... I'm with you again..."
I bit My tongue
"Pinetree... It didn't work... Youre alive... But..."
I took his hand and presses it to my chest smiling
"So am I..."
He stared at me shocked
"B-But... Where were you?! Why didn't you come to me as soon as you were let free?!"
I looked down.
"I did... I was set free when a branch crashes onto my statue... I headed straight towards the Shack but you weren't there... I got a bad omen and my whole body hurt... So I left and returned to my statue... I saw your tears and I instantly panicked... I didn't know what happened or if you had been hurt... So I ran over to the cliff and saw your book..."
More Tears spilled out leaving trails down my cheeks before I turned to Dipper, "and then I saw you... It felt like I was going to die. I didn't like seeing you look like that... Mason... I thought I lost you"
He frowned and pulled me into a hug and I hugged tightly to him as if my life depended on it. Finally, I released him, and mashed my lips on his and smiled as he kissed back. I sighed staring at him and sighed

"Pinetree... I thought I'd lost you... I was so scared... More scared then when I had to attack you during weirdmageddon..."

Pinetree looked down but then up at me and smiled

"It's okay... I won't do it again... I promise... How long was I out?"

"Two weeks... Your sister and friends along with Sixer and Fez have been freaking out but I couldn't just hand you over... But now you're better... just say you got trapped in a time vortex or something..."

Pinetree looked at me scared and he let out a squeak before asking, "So you're leaving me?"

I looked at the ground. HIs great uncle ford would kill me and maybe him if he tried to defend me.

"Bill?"

No answer

"Bill?"

I narrowed my eyes at the rug trying to keep tears from falling. The Only way to keep him safe was marking him... but if Ford found it he'd kill him... I glared at the ground my color unconsciously turning red. I felt someone poke me and turned around to see pinetree shaking in fear. My eyes widened and I hugged him messing with his hair

"I'm so so sorry Pinetree.."

"It's fine... but I have a question..."

"What is it Pinetree?"

"How are you back?"

"Before I left you uncles mind I said this quote on quote 'MY TIME HAS COME TO BURN I INVOKE THE ANCIENT POWER THAT I MAY RETURN IN THIS UNIVERSE!!!!' and it worked..."

"Bill..."

"Don't worry... I'll stay with you... and keep you safe... I promise. Take this necklace... if your ever in danger whisper my name and I'll be with you as soon as I can..."

But... all promises were made to be broken...