Two.

Chapter 2:Losing Hunter

Chapter 2:
Losing Hunter

   The paths that were illuminated just hours before become lost in a blackness that even moonlight cannot help. The trees tower over Hunter as she steps across the borderline between the seen and unseen. Choosing not to go in is no choice at all, but aren't all quests like that? She stood still in an opening, her hair on ends as if the forest was the enemy itself.

Her yellow eyes bore into the darkness, watching for movement amongst the void. All she could hear was her own heart beat and the howl of the winds that shook the leaves. The air is colder than it was before and soon she begins to shiver.

Back in her room, the quietness was serene, but out here in the darkness of the woods, it was eerie and unsettling.

Her arms were relaxed at her sides as she stood beside Emmett. Alice had called her at two in the morning, urging her to get dressed and meet them in the woods. They spotted Victoria and that was all the information Hunter needed.

   "Are you sure this is where you saw her?" Carlisle asked, looking to Alice.

   "She's almost here." She replied with distant eyes.

Hunter was glad Bella was in Florida for the weekened, that was one less life she had to protect for now.

After a lingering moment of silence, Alice gasped, "On your left!" Everyone broke out into a blinding speed.

Hunter huffed out strong breaths at the view she had of the fiery red hair. The anger she felt at just the sight of Victoria drove her to run faster.

She surpassed Esme and Carlisle, zoomed between Jasper and Alice, leaped over Rosalie, and was up to speed with Emmett who was stomping over exposed tree roots.

The sweet smell of a vampire, the chase, the revenge. It made everything more exciting for Hunter.

"Yes." She whispered to herself. The red head was just in arms reach. She shared a look with Emmett and he nodded. They both swung their legs back and forth with a power that propelled them further. He reached out his hand and grasped her shoulder, though it wasn't enough as Victoria grabbed onto his hand and swung him over her.

Emmett grunted and slammed against a nearby tree. Hunter blinked in surprise but did not lose her focus, she wouldn't let her get away.

Victoria turned with a smirk, amused to see her creation still close behind. Leaves brushed their skin and the wind whipped loudly in their ears. To a witness looking on, they would look like flashes of colors.

Rushing water filled their ears and that's when they were reaching the treaty line. Hunter inhaled sharply and came to a stop, watching Victoria leap over the river. "Wait!" Carlisle called, holding his hand out, "She's in their territory."

"That won't stop me." Hunter snarled, rushing past them all once Victoria started running again. It was much colder here. The wind felt stronger and Hunter could feel herself running out of breath. Maybe she should've dressed in layers like Alice told her too, but it'd be much harder to run with a coat on.