Nine.

Chapter 9:The Dark Side of Hunter

Chapter 9:
The Dark Side of Hunter

   Time went on like cement, slow. Hunter pulled out her phone and checked the time, only noticing that a minute went by since she last checked. It felt like she's been out here for hours, mindlessly downing glass bottles of an alcoholic beverage she managed to steal from a store outside of town. It was easy to complete the task, she just knocked the owner of the store unconscious and chucked bottles into her book bag, obviously wearing a ski-mask that she found in Charlie's drawer.

Now she was sitting on a cliff with her feet dangling and the liquor pilling up behind her. After Edward and Bella told her that Winston fled the scene, she didn't bother calling or texting him. She wasn't angry with him, she just knew he needed space to adjust to the newfound information.

But Bella briefly told her this morning that she was going to pick Winston up on the way to the Cullen's. He was apart of this now and he needed to be there to know the whole truth. Especially if they had to protect him too.

   "Everyone thinks it's only the newborns coming." She slurred, raising her arms dramatically after taking a sip from the tequila bottle. "But I know— something else is coming. I can feel it." A loud burp passed after her sentence and she giggled, holding her hand up to her mouth.

   "Sorry, where are my manners?" She asked, clumsily climbing onto her feet. There were whimpers behind her, a woman's. Hunter twisted in her spot and balanced herself. The fast movement created black spots in her vision but she recovered quickly. "Would you like some?"

She held the bottle up to the woman's face and giggled as she whimpered, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Help!" She screamed from her spot, earning a hard slap across the face. Hunter had kidnapped a woman on the way into the woods, a side effect of the whiskey she devoured. She made sure the woman was unconscious before she harshly dragged her into the forest.

The woman stared at her hand which was pinned against the tree, bleeding out relentlessly due to the thick stick that was sent through her palm as a way to keep her there. The entire time she stood there, watching Hunter down drink after drink, she tried to pull the stick out and escape but it was in too deep.

   "I thought I told you to keep quiet. I don't want anyone to know I'm here." Hunter whispered, the liquid in her bottle sloshing around. She reached up to the woman's face and attempted to push her blonde hair aside, but she flinched away. "What's your name?" Hunter asked, not at all affected by the woman's fear.

The woman turned to face her with sweat coating her face. She gritted her teeth and breathed out heavily. All she was doing was going for a run, and now she was being tortured. "Go to hell you psycho!" She screamed again. She always assumed that men would be the one to do barbaric things like this, but she underestimated the power of a woman's mind and will.

Hunter sighed and forcefully grabbed onto the blonde's face, bringing her's down closer, "That's not what I asked you." Deep in her mind, she knew what she was doing was wrong, but the rest of her wanted to feel power, she wanted to be good at something. The fear in the woman's eyes is what was bringing her a sense of relief. As insane as it sounded, it made Hunter feel proud that she was succumbing to the vampire nature, and she was succeeding.