Four.

Chapter 4:Tribe Secrets

Chapter 4:
Tribe Secrets

   The next morning, it was raining. Soft droplets fell from the sky and splattered onto the windows. It was soothing until the steady patter grew louder and heavier.

Hunter peeled her eyes open and groaned. It hasn't rained in a while and she was happy about that, but now her day was off to a bad start. At least, it was bad until she turned to see Winston still fast asleep beside her.

He's been sleeping since ten last night, something that Hunter couldn't relate to. She managed to fall asleep by five this morning. She was too busy keeping watch from her window.

After stretching, she slipped out of bed and made her way to the bathroom. Charlie had gone off to work and she was glad he decided not to come into her room. If he saw Winston, there would be hell.

Last night, Bella told her that today they'd be spending the day with Jacob. Hunter wasn't against the idea, but she was afraid to leave Winston alone. Things between the couple have happened at a fast pace and now it seemed a little too slow because she was always running off. She could sense his suspicion rising.

Before she could switch on the water, the bathroom door swung open and barely missed her body. "What the—" she yelped, jumping back with wide eyes.

   "Oh- sorry!" Bella practically screeched. The human held a hand to her mouth and watched Hunter's face darken.

Hunter held back a grunt and pushed her hair out of her face. "How long does it need to be, for you to remember that this is the only bathroom in this house?"

Bella rolled her eyes. This incident was reoccurring, every week to be exact. Hunter was always using the toilet, brushing her teeth, changing, you name it and Bella has definitely walked in on her before. "Seriously, it's like you forgot how to knock." Hunter complained, reaching for her toothbrush.

   "Please, hurry. We're meeting Jake in a little bit and I still need to shower." Bella rushed, grabbing a comb from the shelf beside the sink.

A frown spread onto her face as she squeezed toothpaste onto her toothbrush, "Where and how are we meeting him? I thought he was picking us up."

Bella's eyes flickered away instinctively, a knowing look in them. Her teeth grazed her bottom lip and she backed away slightly before she smiled sheepishly.

Hunter sent her a pointed look. Though it only lasted a second before she exasperated dramatically. Edward's head poked into the doorway with a small smile. "Good Morning Hunter."

Bella tilted her head at her housemate, silently egging her to be nice. Hunter simply smiled before her hand reached for the doorknob and she slammed the door shut.

   "I thought I said be nice!"

___

   "Tell me again, why I have to accompany you?" Hunter asked, reluctantly sticking her head between the two front seats. As soon as Winston was dropped off at home, Hunter wished she escaped with him. It was a bit awkward when he was there, but when he left, it got worse. She spent a majority of the car ride with her eyes watching the scenery outside, if she looked anywhere else, another pair of eyes would catch her. Though she didn't mind the trees.