The 58th Expedition: Part 6

He ran at a steady pace, staying as far away as possible from the little things. He was not only scared of hurting them by accident, but also of them hurt him with their little sticks. It'd hurt when Mikasa used them on his eye, and he didn't want to feel it again. He figured that if he left the little things alone, he would be fine. I don't hurt you, you won't hurt me, right?

He couldn't stop himself from eyeing them as he ran passed,though. He just couldn't stop thinking about how these little  things were important somehow. He was gradually getting used to the pain of remembering searing through his head as he sifted through the memory he'd gotten from holding Mikasa.

"Oh, shut up, Marco! It not you have any experience in this field! Besides, I did talk to Mikasa once, remember? It didn't go so well!"

Whenever he suffered through the pain and focused on the memory, he could vaguely picture a dark night sky behind strange,brown...somethings with a little thing talking to him. If he focused really hard, he could even make out  the little thing's face. It was a bit long, with bright,almost sun-like brown eyes. His hair was...unique, with shaggy brown on top and really short black on the bottom. After remembering the little thing's face, he felt slightly satisfied, but this..."Marco" was bothering him.

"Marco....Marco... Damn,why is this so familiar!? Why can't I remember anything?! This is important!" he internally wailed. He closed his eyes and focused on this "Marco" thing.

"Marco.....Marco....Marco..."

"Bodt."

His eyes shot open in shock as the searing pain in his head intensified. He didn't care though; all that mattered to him was that he remembered something, something that was important. His eyes narrowed as he sunk into deep thought.

"Bodt? Like..... Marco Bodt? Marco.....Bodt. Yeah, that feels....right. Marco Bodt. Is that another little thing? What is Marco Bodt?"

He was so deep in thought that he didn't pay attention to his surroundings. It wasn't until he heard a little thing's voice that he snapped back into reality and looked around him. Up ahead were three little things,and beyond them were a large group of others. His eyes immediately filled with panic.

"This isn't good! What am I going to do?! I don't want to get close to the little things, but I don't want to fight off the others!" he thought. He looked from the little things to the others, then made a decision; he dug his foot into the ground and changed his course so he was just ahead of the little things, following them. They were headed in the direction of the giant trees anyway, so what could go wrong?

A few minutes later, he gave a quick glance over his shoulder and saw that the others were gaining on him. His brown orbs went wide with panic as he tried to pick up his pace. He knew it wasn't going to help,though. He'd spent too much energy running through the little things, and now he was beginning to tire.

"What should I do?! The others are starting to gain on me,and if I fight so close to the little things, I could hurt them,then they'll hurt me too!" he thought panickedly. He cast another look over his shoulder to judge the distance between him, the others, and the little things. The others were closer to him than to the little things, and steadily shortening that distance.

"Okay...the distance isn't ideal, but I'll just have to be more careful," he said to himself. He waited a couple seconds,waiting until the closest other got  within range,then slamming his foot into the ground, plowing effortlessly through the dirt as he spun around and raised his fists. The next second, he sent his left fist fly into the other's head, knocking it clean off its shoulders. It fell at his feet,where he wasted no time in finishing it off before raising his fists again. The others started to swarm him as he desperately tried to fight them off. He started striking out at random, sending limbs and heads flying as they began to eat him. He roared in pain as several others ripped off his left arm like it was a leaf. Soon, he was roaring nonstop, completely covered in others and his steam as they ripped the flesh off him in chunks.