The 58th Expedition: Part 7

He remembered Jean. Jean had been....something important to him. What was the word for it? It didn't matter. He remembered Jean, and because he remembered Jean, he remembered Mikasa. Mikasa was was important to Jean somehow, and Jean had always bothered him about it. But when? He couldn't remember when this all happened. He couldn't remember how he he got here, how he became the way he was. He couldn't remember when he'd known Jean and Mikasa. He couldn't even remember what he'd been before now. And it bothered him to no end.

He continued to run to the trees, staying as far away from the little ones as possible. He knew they were dangerous, seeing how they attacked him and...killed, that was the word, right? Damn memories!....and killed the others with just their little sticks. Since he was the size of the others, it was probably the best way to stay....alive?

"Where are all of these new words coming from all of a sudden? Wait.....words? What the hell?! What are words? Ughhh....I don't have time to think about this just now. I have to get to the forest..... Wait, forest!? Where'd that come from!? Ugh, focus and stop thinking so much. I should get there soon....."

A sudden bang to his left caught his attention, and he saw a little black smoke color the air in front of his eyes. He immediately looked down at his feet and saw he'd gotten too close to a group of little things. They were all looking up at him with different expressions; one with brown hair and something around its eyes looked up at him with awe and something borderline crazy; the one behind her with sandy hair looked at him worriedly. The one with hair under its nose looked at him suspiciously, but calmly. But it was the blonde one with the blue eyes that spooked him. His eyes widened a little when he caught that calm, blue gaze that studied him down to his bones. It seemed like this little thing knew exactly what it wanted and it was going to get it by any means necessary. And it wanted him. 

He took off like hell was at his heels, really looking forward to  safety of the trees.

_________________________________________________________

Commander Erwin Smith: Command squad, behind the central spotters and in front of the supply wagons 

"Commander, we just received a report on the Abnormal Shifter! It completely ignored Eren, sir!" Moblit yelled over the wind. He was riding directly behind Hanji,who hadn't stopped muttering since she'd heard about the Abnormal. Hanji was lucky to have such a patient man for her assistant.

"Hmm.... Thank you,Moblit," Erwin shouted, taking in this new piece of information. An Abnormal, a Shifter with intelligence like Annie Leonhart, had killed no one, stayed away from people, and ignored Eren. What was this Titan's plan?

"I don't doubt for a second that this Abnormal is a human....it's far too intelligent for anything else. But Annie was targeting Eren when she came out here.... What does this person want? Is he even on her side?" Erwin thought, scanning the plains in front of him." We need to capture this Shifter alive...where is he heading?"

He was rudely shaken out of his thoughts by a certain someone's inhuman squeal of delight.

"Commander! Commander! Look! On our right! It's the Abnormal! Wow! He's built almost like Eren! What a cutie!" Hanji screeched behind him. Turning his head, Erwin saw it. It was definitely masculine, with black hair, defined muscles, and almost decorative skinless patches. It was pretty close, but from the way it was running, he could tell it hadn't noticed them yet. Erwin turned to Mike. 

"Mike, shoot a signal and get its attention," he ordered. Mike nodded.

"Yes sir."

One moment later, the black smoke shot up almost in the Titan's face. It immediately stiffened and looked down at them, giving them a quick look over. As soon as it met the Commander's gaze, it's eyes widened a little and took off as fast as it could. But not before the Erwin got a good look at the Titan's face.