Marco's Pain and Wrath

Alright, hi everyone! Just wanna give ya a small warning...Marco's language is going to get a little...colorful. Just thought you might wanna know.....

.......................................................................................................................

Marco sat on the branch and stared down at his feet, succeeding in put in his anger on the back burner. It had been silent for hours. Beside him, Ymir,still steaming, was fanning herself. Eren was also steaming as he stared sullenly at his boots.

"Hey Reiner? You got any water? Help a girl out, I'm dying over here!"

The blonde grimaced apologetically." Sorry, there's not a whole lot I can do about that, even if it is a matter of life and death."

Ymir huffed, clearly miffed." Well, that's comforting. At least we know where we stand...sort of."

"Speaking of which, we've been working our asses off. No food, no sleep, no nothin' ever since those Titans showed up- that was yesterday, right? Man, we're lucky the wall hasn't been destroyed," said Reiner. He reached up and pinched the bridge of his nose." Still, you'd think that they'd give us a break. Don't even get me started on promotion."

By this time, every pair of slightly human eyes turned to the blonde. While three of those pairs were downright confused, a certain green pair were horrified. Bertholdt sat up straighter and stared down at his fellow traitor in disbelief.

"What the hell?...."

Reiner looked up to meet his gaze, oblivious to his friend's concern." Aw, come on! I don't think that's too much to ask! Do you? We've done our share of heavy lifting. I mean, we're soldiers; duty first. It's just nice to be acknowledged."

Ymir tilted her head to the side." You bang your head or something? What the hell are you even talking about?"

Reiner cast her a slightly annoyed look." Aw, don't give me that! I'm not saying we should storm in and demand the rank of Captain or anything."

"No, that's not what I mean."

Reiner's eyes lit up as if with some memory." Oh, yeah! Where did you find that cannon, by the way? I owe you one for savin' my bacon!" 

Ymir managed to look surprised for a moment. Eren was staring at Reiner with so muck hate and resentment that Marco feared his eyes would pop out of his head. The blonde continued with his  delusions, totally unaware of those around him.

"It was real nice of Krista to patch me up afterwards... I'm starting to think me and her might become a thing..."

"Hey," Eren hissed. Off to the side, Bertholdt looked like he was having the worst time of his life.

"I mean, it's not just me, right?" Reiner asked, scratching his cheek a little." She always treats me like we're-"

"HEY!" Reiner looked up, shocked.

"What are you doing?! What's wrong with you?!" Eren hissed as he stood, his eyes as wide as moons and just as pissed.

"Huh?! What are you so pissed about all of a sudden?! Was it something I said, or-"

"IF YA WANNA DIE, THEN JUST KEEP TALKIN'!"

"Hold up, Eren." Ymir said, holding out her good hand to stop him from doing anything stupid. She had a malicious smirk on her face." I think somebody's gone off the deep end. Is that what this is, Bertholdt?"

Marco blinked, connecting all the dots as his eyes widened. This was why Reiner seemed like such a great guy...and how he was so terrifying.

Bertholdt looked down at his feet, not saying a word. Ymir narrowed her eyes at him.