: twelve :

: twelve :

The way he held me, it was like he never wanted to let me go

The way he held me, it was like he never wanted to let me go. Simon's palm held my head to his chest as his other hand rested on the small of my back pushing my body to his.

"I can't let you leave me again Christine" He said into my hair after kissing the top of my head. I let Simon in after he'd walked me home. When we got inside I put Alexys down for a nap and I let him explain himself, the explanation I've been waiting to hear for 2 years. After hearing his conversation with Ethan this morning and what he had to say just a couple of minutes ago, I think I may be staring to believe him.

"Then don't" I muttered not loud enough for him to hear me. Do I trust him again? No. It took him so long to build up that trust I had for him only to crush it within seconds. Just because it was a misunderstanding that took my trust for him, it doesn't mean it will all come flooding back. I've believed that story for 2 years, it's been so long for me.

"What does this mean now for us?" He asked creating some space between us and looked down at me. I knew this question was coming.

"I don't know what you were expecting Simon, just because I believe you doesn't mean we can jump back in where we left off. It's been 2 years Simon, I don't know about you, but my life has drastically changed since then. I don't really know what to do in this situation" I looked up, our eyes meeting as his hands fell to drape loosely on my hips.

"Say how you feel, let me in Chris. You don't realize but you're just as guarded as I am" He said

"I don't know how I feel Simon. This is so much coming at me at once. How do you feel?" I asked

"I know that my feelings for you never left. I couldn't bring myself to move on because the idea that I hurt you completely broke me. There wasn't a day that passed where you didn't cross my mind. Everything reminds me of you. I couldn't even go outside because of the sun and if you remember that's what I used to call you. Sunshine" He said smiling slightly at the end to be discussing old memories of us, when time were good. He did call me that, sunshine. He thought I hated it and I made it look like I did, secretly I liked it.

"Mine never left either they were just repressed. I didn't want to think about it. I had too much on my plate. But just because they're still there doesn't mean you can pull them back. I don't want you to get your hopes up Simon" I looked up at him with genuine sadness in my eyes. Hearing what he had to say about me, that those feelings for me never left, makes me sad that although mine haven't left either they've been pushed so far down into me that I don't want him to get his hopes up because like I said I don't know if they're able to be brought back to a point where I can actually do something about them.

"Okay" He said

"What?" I asked surprised by his reaction, I didn't expect him to take this so well.

"Okay" He gave me a half smile and nodded

"Thank you" I said and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. I had to stand on my tip toes to hug him properly, making me feel like I felt when we were dating. My words are true, I am very thankful for his understanding. He must really be a changed man, more adult like.

[a/n]

Thank you for 1.3K babyyyy <3<3<3<3