Chapter 9 (Ending)

He was ready, but as soon as he got a glimpse of Remus, his stomach started doing somersaults. Why was he nervous? I mean he already knew how Remus felt, but maybe had changed his mind. But in the last two hours? No! He thought, and pushed his thoughts aside. Suddenly James saw him.

"Sirius!" He shouted.

A few kids turned their heads along with Remus, who was clearly distraught. A few others said "Hi," and Lily hugged him as he passed by, but he barely noticed them, as he was focusing only on Remus.

When he got to him, Remus just sighed and shook his head, "What do you want now Sirius?"

Sirius looked down at his feet, "Moony.."

"What?" replied Remus.

"I'm," Sirius started and sat down next to Remus, who just stared at Sirius "In love with you."

"Wha-" Remus began but was cut off.

Sirius grabbed Remus' hand "I just had to say that. And I'm not in love with Melanie."

He stood up and began to walk away, but turned one last time "You know I never was."

Sirius walked out of the Great Hall and Remus remained seated, completely shocked. James was snickering and across the table you could see Dorcas slip Lily 2 shiny galleons. Everyone knew they liked each other before they did, and finally hearing it made James almost die.

"Remus, are you gonna go?" James asked.

"Go where?"

James shook his head in disbelief, "To talk to Sirius. You can't just let him go or else he rebound and end up snogging some other closeted gay kid in the bathrooms."

Remus smiled faintly, "You think."

"It's Sirius, and you two are mad about each other. You have to go," James replied.

"When did you get so mushy?" Remus said to James, and laughed. But it was true, he was completely mad about that boy, who was stunning in every possible way. Wow, James' mushiness was contagious.

He stood up and went after Sirius, some kids at the table were left whispering and James remained there with a big, cheesy smile plastered on his face. Lily Evans looked over to see James grinning, and was truly happy to see him. She knew Sirius and Remus would end up together. But what about James? The boy who teased her, and drooled all over his books when she was in the same room...well, he wasn't so bad.

Remus thankfully snuck out of the Great Hall with nobody else seeing him. He got out into the corridor and wondered where Sirius had gone. He would try try their dorms first, and if he wasn't there, the map would come in handy. So that was it, and he immediately dashed up to the Gryffindor dormitories. He went fast, but quietly to make sure Filch did not catch him. He didn't want to lose any house points, nor did he want to be stopped.

When he got to the painting he gave the password and the door swung open to reveal an empty common room. "Hmm," he wondered, he was probably in their room if he had come up here. He tiptoed to their dorm and opened the door trying to be quiet. However, the door creaked loudly and alerted anyone in the room that Remus was there. He opened it and revealed a pitch black dorm.

He reached his arm inside and turned on the lamp, and in broad light, Sirius was sprawled upon his bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Hey," Remus said quietly.

Sirius sat up and looked at Remus, and smiled "Hi."

They stood there for awhile and both opened their mouths to speak and chorused , "I'm sorry."

Remus laughed unenthusiastically, "Why are you sorry?"

"For lying to you," Sirius replied "I should have said how I felt up front. Why are you sorry?"

"I shouldn't have been angry or upset. I had no right and should've accepted you were with Melanie," said Remus "Even if it was fake."

By this time, Remus had sat down next to Sirius, who was crisscrossed, on his bed. They sat there for a few second, suddenly Sirius grabbed Remus and pressed his lips together with his.

Remus kissed back passionately and put his hand on Sirius' neck, who still had his hand around Remus' face. Neither breathed and the kiss seemed to linger on for ages, but they cared not. Suddenly Sirius pushed over Remus and was over the top of him. He grabbed Sirius' waist and pulled him down on him. Their bodies pressed together and Remus loved the feeling of Sirius' warmth up against him. The kiss kept on and before either could realize, their tongues were dancing with one another. It had felt like every puzzle piece had fallen together, like they were destined and that every crave had been satisfied by that one moment.

They flipped over and Remus was atop Sirius, and Sirius effortlessly pulled off his shirt, like he had done it a thousand time before (shagging Melanie had paid off for one reason). They pulled their lips apart and Sirius gasped at Remus flawless chest. It was covered in scars and scratches but it was the most gorgeous thing he had ever seen. Remus pulled off Sirius' trousers and then shirt, and pressed his lips back together with Sirius. Was he really ready to do this?

Before he had time to think, James opened the door to reveal his two best-friends, half-naked and on top of one another. He gasped and started giggling uncontrollably. The two jumped up off one another and started to dress quickly, James still laughing like a freak.

"Wow.." James said after his laughing had ceased, wiping his teary eyes.

"Its-" Remus started and scratched his head "Bye."

James stopped him before he could slip out of the door "It's fine. It's better than you being weird and awkward around each other."

"I suppose," Sirius said and stared at Remus, then started giggling.

Remus snorted then joined in the laughter, and the lot was rolling on the floor laughing. Why? None of them knew, maybe it was the fact that the two had finally realized they liked one another after nearly 6 years. It didn't matter anyway, because in that moment, right there and then, they were all truly happy. They were more innocent then they ever could have imagined and their lives had not yet been defiled by a major wizarding war. For they knew not the horrors the future held for them. The pain, the chaos, the betrayal. But maybe, in a different version  of their story, the writer would have mercy on them. Their love could remain untouched by the world's darkness and their love could linger on. Maybe.

This is sadly the end of this story. I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading! 🥰 Maybe a part two? Another story coming soon!
-R