Chapter Seven

My head spun with the smell of sea water and the same color blue we've been staring at for the past ten days. There hasn't been any sign of land, boats, planes or anything. It's been the same scenery, same smells and same food since we got on this dumb ass ship.

"I'm going to be sick again," I said aloud, hovering my head over the side of the boat. 

Jake's hand started to rub my back again as I puked for the fifth time since coming outside for some fresh air. The interior of the ship was getting to stuffy for our liking and the comfort of Rogue quickly died out once we remembered she couldn't be driven anywhere. And also some crew member could come lock us in without realizing we were in there. 

"You get sea sick huh?" Jake asked, not really a question needing an answer when the proof was making it's way from my stomach out into the ocean.

I groaned and pressed my hand to my forehead, hoping that alone would be enough to stop the spinning happening in my head. 

"It's been thirteen days and we haven't seen shit," I said angrily, mostly about my sea sickness. 

Jake was quiet while he rubbed my back. I took a deep breath and regretted it when the salty air burned my nose and threatened my stomach. My hands gripped the rail while I tried to force the feeling back down.

I slowly pushed myself up off the rail that I had been clinging to for the past hour, wincing at my back and neck pain from leaning over for so long. 

"Ok...I think i'm good. I need water and a nap, I think," I stated, turning to Jake. 

His eyebrows were furrowed in deep thought. He dropped his hand from me and crossed it over his chest. His eyes darted around fast, like he was trying to piece together a massive puzzle in his head.

"Ten to fifteen day's right?" He asked aloud.

I just nodded, unsure of what he was trying to get at. 

"North America Is pretty fucking huge. We should be seeing at least mountains by now..." He trailed off, picking at the scabs on his knuckles.

"I mean yeah, but if we're still two day's out it might be awhile until we see anything," I tried to assure him. 

"There hasn't been any storms, though. I thought storms would be the thing the Captain said would set us back. It's been fairly clear the whole time." 

I stayed quiet as his face twisted into anger. My head was too fuzzy to try and keep up with what he was putting together. Before my stomach cramped, signaling another puking session, Jake headed for the door and slipped inside. I stumbled after him as fast as I could, there was no way I was staying out here by myself. 

We've managed to mentally map out the ship since we've been on it, so finding the Captain's room again took no time at all. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and cringed at how badly I needed a shower. And to brush my teeth.

Jake sent the door flying open which had a couple crew shout in surprise. The Captain looked over his shoulder at us, crinkling his nose when he looked at me and I glared. 

I really do look that bad don't I?

Jake had the Captain in a headlock in no time flat. It had the rest of the crew members swarming around trying frantically to help. One guy actually held his hands up in surrender and tried to approach Jake.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," I said weakly, putting my hand on the wall for support. 

The crew member looked at me, scared for his life. Which was funny to me because neither of us had weapons or the actual means to kill anyone.