II.

i knew your brain, and your heart, all your insides

jungkook took in a deep breath, inhaling the fresh air, relaxing his muscles. he had just finished studying for his exams, deciding to go out and chill for a moment. he went out mostly because his muscles started to cramp from being in the same position for hours.

"jungkookie-ah!" he heard a voice calling out for him from behind him. he slowly turned to see his one and only best friend running up to him, her silhouette getting closer every second.

"oof!" he stumbled a bit from the impact of tzuyu jumping on his back, forcing him to give her a piggyback ride, "tzu, what the fuck?" he tried to shift his posture to support her better.

she circled her arms around his neck, "nothing. i'm just so bored." she buried her face into the crook of his neck, placing a soft peck on it, "plus, i miss you."

the brunet chuckled, shaking his head, "well i don't." she smacked him on the head hard, "ow! what was that for!?"

"you should miss me! i'm your best friend, aren't i?"

he shook his head, playing with her a little bit more, "are you? who said so?" tzuyu pouted getting off his back.

"you've been so mean ever since i met you." she whined, "but i'm always so nice to you!"

"i'm just kidding, tzu." he chuckled, patting her head, "don't be a wet sock." she giggled in response to his "insult".

"by the way, did you take your medication today?" tzuyu inquired, checking up on him, "your mom said to ask you."

"i didn't have time to." he scratched the back of his neck sheepishly, breaking their eye contact, "you know, i'm very busy studying."

"kook! you should've taken it!" tzuyu scolded, grabbing his collar, so their faces were only a few centimeters apart, "that medication is keeping you alive. i don't want you to go before me!" she was joking, but she actually meant it.

the atmosphere totally changed from when their conversation first started. "tzu, don't worry." jungkook pulled away from her, "i'll take my medication later. don't be upset about it, okay?"

she nodded, pouting, pulling him into a hug, "take care of yourself."

"i told you, don't worry! kookie is always going to be here." she giggled at his childishness, pulling him into her hug tighter, "forever."

and on that day, jungkook finally realised, that he had another thing to fight for. finally, he accepted that he had feelings for his childhood best friend.

 finally, he accepted that he had feelings for his childhood best friend

the trees rustled loudly as the wind started to blow agressively. leaves brushed through tzuyu's feet as she walked by her best friend's side.

"aw.. seriously?" she whined, pouting, "do you really have to be at the meeting? we barely have any time to hang out."

"sorry, tzu. being the school president does have a price." jungkook apologized, sweeping away the stray hair on her face to the pack of her ear, "i promise, i'll find a free day where we can hang out."

just when she was about to say something, they both hear a sound of someone strumming a guitar. it was playing 'perfect' by ed sheeran, shocking and confusing them both at the same time.

taecyeon, one of their sunbaes, came out in front of tzuyu, holding out a bouquet of roses, backed up by a bunch of his friends.

she didn't know what to do, so she turned to jungkook, unsure. he looked a bit.. jealous, but why would he be? he doesn't like her that way. his jaw was clenched, and his tongue pressed the side of his cheek, something he did only when he was annoyed.

noticing her stares, jungkook pointed to taecyeon, with a look saying, 'answer -him-god-damn-it'.

the look on her face was saying, 'help-me-out', but he didn't know what to do either, leaving her to deal with it all by herself.

the song stopped, taecyeon kneeled directly in front of her, putting the bouquet closer to her, "chou tzuyu, will you be my date to prom?"

tzuyu bit her lip, eyes shaking, not knowing what to say. she wasn't interested in going with him, actually, she was planning on not going at all. yes, he was handsome and nice, but he really just wasn't her type.

"taecyeon-sunbae, i'm sorry, but i'm.." she paused, fiddling her fingers, "i'm already going with.. jungkook.."

'what the—' he was obviously taken aback, but he tried to not make it obvious to help her out, "yeah. she is." he coughed awkwardly, shoving his hands in his pockets, looking down at his feet.

the disappointment on their senior's face was apparent. his friends behind him looked sorry for him too, "oh. sorry."

the silence that happened then on forward was perplexing especially when they were frantically trying to clean up the failed promposal.

"thanks for playing along, kook." she thanked him, patting his shoulder slightly, "i owe you one."

"i-it's nothing really. i knew you were planning on not going so i can just make up an excuse to why you aren't with me." he reassured her, giving her a wide grin.

they continue to walk by eachother, not saying a word. tzuyu was thinking about it; prom with jungkook can't be that bad? they would have time to hang out together.

"kookie?" he looked up from his phone, doe eyes glistening in curiosity, "i think i'll go to the prom with you."

'hELL YEAH!' he silently celebrated in his head, "sure. but as friends though, right?"

she nodded immediately, "of course!"