III.

oh i could tell, just with a look. what you were thinking; that's all it took.

"gosh, that was tiring." jungkook joked, taking off tzuyu's heels for her as they had just left the reception of their prom, "you should stop wearing these. don't they hurt? your mom's going to kill me if you get hurt."

she laughed at him, "mama loves you! she prefers you over me anyways." she saw how his hands struggled to remove the locks on her heels, but he managed to take them off anyway.

"you're right! i could throw you into the river and she wouldn't notice." her mouth gaped in disbelief; knowing full well the park they were at was nearby a small river. he had a mischievious smirk painted on his face.

"jeon jungkook! you wouldn't dare!" tzuyu tried to quickly move away from him, but it was no use. he had already scooped her up and thrown her around his shoulder.

"hm.. would i?" he teasingly remarked, walking in the direction where the forementioned river was.

"oppa~ put me down~" she started to whine, not really trying to fight her way out of his grip, "this dress was expensive~"

"okay, okay- but one thing." she nodded eagerly, willing to do whatever it takes to make him put her down, "hug me."

"why did you need to threaten me to hug me? i'm your best friend for heavens sake!" she whined again, upset.

"hm.. i don't know. the look on your face was just too funny." he snickered, putting her back down slowly, "i've never seen you whine like that since the snow ball incident."

tzuyu pouted, letting out a loud 'hmph', "i'm not going to give you a hug now."

"oh really? do you want to be soaked in the river?"

her eyes widened; she knew full well he meant what he said, "fine, fine!" they've been best friends for so long, they could tell what the other was thinking immediately.

jungkook beamed, opening his arms wide. she stared at him hesitantly, but she gave in, wrapping her own arms around his waist, "you're so stupid."

"i know."

they stood there in eachother's arms. the cold breeze of the night passing by every now and then, a comforting silence upon them.

tzuyu looked up at him, moving her hands from his waist to his cheeks, cupping them ever so slightly. her heart pounded against her chest aggressively, a weird sensation forming in her stomach. quickly, she pulled away from him, scared.

"tzu? what's wrong?" jungkook was puzzled. she was acting strange.

"uh.. sorry, kook. erm.. my brother's bringing me home, so i should get going." she bit her lip, avoiding all eye contact, "bye?"

before she was able to leave, he held her wrist, "before you leave.. i'm sorry for making you uncomfortable."

"kookie, don't worry. you didn't make me uncomfortable. my.. brother is just going to go bonkers if i show up late." jungkook knew she was lying, but he knew that he shouldn't insist.

"okay.. bye, then." they did their little secret handshake before going there separate ways.

what tzuyu didn't know, was that she had just fallen in love with him. hard.

jungkook stared at his phone, expecting a message from her, yet it was just another notification from twitter

it had been two weeks since they last talked and he had been missing her really badly.

"wHATS UP FUCKER!"

"hyung~ get out." he whined, glaring daggers at his older brother. if looks could kill, he would be dead by now.

"what? you're on your period?" junghoon teased, taking up all the space on his bed, "knew you were a female all this time."

"junghoon oppa! stop teasing the baby!" his older sister entered the room, once again, without permission, "he can't take much teasing."

"noona, hyung, you're really starting to get on my nerves." he warned, turning his attention back on his phone, "i didn't tell you that you can barge in my room!"

"you aren't paying the bills so we can barge in your room anytime we'd like." sana shrugged, taking a seat next to junghoon on their younger brother's bed, "also, why the long face?"

"tzuyu hasn't talked to me since prom. i don't know if i did anything wrong- well, just a little teasing, but- ugh." jungkook complained, rolling onto his back, staring at the ceiling, "i miss her."

"isn't she just your best friend?" his hyung laughed, "why are you missing her so much? unless you have a-"

"yOU HAVE A CRUSH ON TZUYU!?" their eldest sister screamed, not believing what she just heard, "no wonder she's not talking to you! you scared the poor girl off!"

"no! i didn't confess to her.. yet. i only hugged her then she suddenly left. i'm not even sure of i like like her yet." he was pouting like a child, fidgeting with his fingers.

suddenly, jungkook's phone started ringing. tzuyu's name was shown on the screen, which he picked up immediately, rolling off the bed and leaving his room for privacy. "hello?"

"uh.. hi, kook." silence filled the next following seconds, "first of all, sorry for.. you know.. ignoring you.."

"not a problem, tzu."

"second: do you want to go hike up the mountain the day after tomorrow? at four o'clock? i want to make up for lost time." jungkook heard her breathe deeply, knowing that she was feeling anxious at the moment, "i-it's fine if you don't want to!"

"my gosh, you idiot. stop worrying, of course i'll go!" he chuckled, "i'll pick you up."

"what? no! i'll pick you up— it's the least i can do—"

"no? the least you can do is bring snacks so bring those chips. you know.." he rubbed his feet on the floor, "those ones that i really like."

"ugh, fine~" she whined but giggled afterwards, "see you there, kook."

"bye." jungkook hung up the call when suddenly he heard a loud yell from the other room.

"jUNGHOON STOP IT! I DO NOT LIKE YOUR STUPID FRIEND, OKAY!?" it was sana, "hE'S NOT EVEN THAT HANDSOME!"

"are you sure you really don't like taehyung?"

"fUCK YOU."