Chapter VIII

The dragon lets out a hurtful groan. I quickly put back the dagger back at my backpack then closed it. Freya and Percabeth breathe in unison, both are exhausted. I approached the both of them, wearing a brave face. The nymphs have started to reappeared again and they were murmuring something to one another. The dragon stirred from where it was crashed then it flies low, the nymphs disappeared again, hiding in fear. Percabeth and Freya readied themselves and were about to lunge an attack. The dragon spits out a weak attack of whirring whirling wind attack but the girls dodge it. Blood boils through my body as my feet were running forward. I'm out of control of my body, I surged forward as the girls were as well. My mouth moves on its own blurting out the words. "O, air dragon, let it all out." The dragon's red eyes flared as it accumulated a massive ball of air to attack. Still accumulating, the girls charged forward, Freya is morphing into a panther, Percabeth readied her sword to strike, but I was faster as I jumped to the dragon's head, I was inside the bubble like air made head of the dragon and I can clearly see how its attacks are made, like some certain machine is rotating the air inside the dragon's throat. I swam towards the dragon's throat, towards the vivid silver arrow pierced next to the rotating wind attack. I ordered the air to carry me faster, as the dragon was about to blow its massive attack, I drew out the cold silver arrow struck at the dragon's throat. The rotating air stopped. The dragon looks calm. Then it changes shape, as what I have seen in the dagger, Katopris, the dragon shifted into that of the woman in the pallid white gown.

The woman smiled again while I was at her front, standing face to face, only inches apart, holding the silver arrow at my hand. She edged closer to me and kissed me on the cheeks, the kiss was warm but I felt like drown into a lake made of ice water, I could feel my blood surging towards my face, smearing there to form a blushed face. She stepped back, looked me in the eyes and muttered her gratitude, saying. "Thank you," her voice was soft and almost bewitching. The lady nymph raised her hand, green small orbs, like fireflies, flew from her hand, the orbs then flew towards the harmed areas around and healed them. Everything goes back to normal. To a lively and full of life realm of the land of the nymphs. The silver arrow in my hand vibrated and disintegrated into thin air, leaving sparks of silver fragments. Freya morphed back into herself then slouched, Percabeth stood above a stone, worn out, her sword in her hand glints in purplish color. The ancient nymphs reappeared again, now helping the lady nymph restore what were hit by the destruction. My face feels warm again, as the final waft of air from the sunset hit me.