Chapter IX

We've finally uplifted the curse of the land and all has become well again. We sat at the meadow, watching the sun sets to dusk. I was between these two ladies, seating carefree while breathing the cool air. "Wasn't it tough?" Freya asked us. Percabeth inhaled so deep that the air smelled her breath. "It was tough to be an old hag," she smiled, then chuckled, we soon laughed with her. It was peaceful as we watch the nymphs become full of life again, returning to the lives they used to live. I just smiled as I watched the horizon turned grey.

Percabeth and Freya left, the both of them help the lady of the nymphs do a few of things. I just sat there like a statue, motionless. Then I hear a strange voice, it comes from a boy, it sounded baritone. The soliloquy goes like this as I hear. "It is tough, it hasn't been easy, it seems like an orchestral play, but way too different or you might say it is, but it is a deaf tone. It has been very hard to listen to the muffled sobs, the silent whimpers and the disoriented weeps. The sounds were so much, too pitiful to hear.

It was that day, the outrageous summer that stretched towards the cold November nights, the days of the souls. It never did occur to me that the spring of youth we shared has come to a devastating autumn.

A hero among heros, the catalyst of my life, the man who molded me into what I am now. I may have become pesky, turned bubbly and angry. Change of hearts, he carved me into a powerful youth, a child with dignity. Nonetheless, you left me alone just like a whirlwind with the props of flying leaves, just like a ninja, you went into Elysium. I'll remember you forever, the tough times, the sweet times and the mixed times of agony and bliss. I love you forever like the days we spent together, you'll always be alive within my thoughts as lively as the dancing sunflowers in the gardens of Zen and as green as the growing grasses in the meadow. I have wept to console you, these tears are not intended for regrets, these tears are the blobs of sweet memories we created." He sat there, meters away from where I'm seated, I look at him closely, he has a silver her, a quiver on his back and a clothing of a silver cloth just like the cute little cupids I've seen on movies. I stood up and approach him, I looked at him closely as he stared at me deep into the eyes like we have met somewhere else. "Who are you?" We simultaneously ask each other. As if on cue we replied to each other both at the same time, "answer me first." We both let out a sigh and answered each other again, together we state our names, "I'm Kane Grace," I say, while he says he's Raj. "Are you a demigod?" I ask him first this time while he plans on asking the same question as I asked. He just shook his head as a sign of saying no. "Are you?" He asks me, "I'm a quarter god, so, you're a nymph." Again, he shook his head dejectedly, "But I am a child of Aphrodite and Ares," my ears tingle to the words I heard. "So that means you're Eros?" I asked. "I'm no god, I'm Raj, a mere substitute." "A substitute?" His pale and baby face looked at me in perplexity. "How about you? Are you really a Grace? A grandchild of the big three. A grandchild of Zeus?"