Chapter X

[The Truths Behind Lies (The Final Chapter)]

The question made me hung my mouth in confusion. The question struck me, most importantly I didn't expect him to ask me such unexpected question. He looks the other direction and began to speak as the air began to chill. The moon shone upon us. "I was Eros's substitute, I was at first created to replace him, just to ease the longing of Aphrodite's loss, a loss she created herself. But when Psyche tried to see what Eros, or known as Cupid what really looks like, he vanished like a bubble and returned to his mother's home, I who was merely a substitute was thrown. Dispatched." His voice sounds chiller and chiller to my ear, "So, what happened?" I urged to ask even though the painful question he'd just asked me still struck me to the bones. "Love. Love, love is pathetic, it made me weak at first, but then I discovered these arrows Cupid uses to make persons fall in love, or fall to hate someone. Gold arrows for inflicting love and silver arrows for hate. I stole an arrow during his deep sleep, to make vengeance. Then I heard of this certain place Eros loved so much, this place, the place of the ancient nymphs, the silver arrow I stole, I pierced it, pierced it to the land to make it hate him. I succeeded. But I never thought that the land would fall, worse it rots, a place created by Eros by love, fell with hate, so it did rot." He pauses, taking a breath of air, he then motioned at me, his eyes were steel blue, "everything created by love when insignificantly tainted with hate, everything will rot." I simply nodded my head. "How about you take a seat beside me?" He offered which I gladly took since I was dead tired. "So," I started. "You're not a Grace, and you're not a grandchild of Zeus." The statement didn't shock me anymore, I was like frozen, unable to think straight, I would have likely believed he's just joking, but his face is dead serious. "Why would you say such things? I slept at Zeus Cabin, I could order the winds and my father is Jason Grace." "Fragments," was all he replied. I threw him a "huh" look, showing him a perplexed face. "Yes, you slept at Zeus Cabin, you can order the winds." "Then why are those not enough evidences that I'm his son." "Jason Grace died." The statement almost left me breathless, my heart has stopped beating. "You're kidding," I said in a mixture of a chuckle. "Do I look like I am," he said, still deep serious. "Your mother created those false memories, you have no father, you're the same as me, a fragment, sooner you'll be discarded. Thrown." "That's not true, you're lying. You're a hideous liar! You're a fake! Return to wherever hell you've come from, just leave me alone. You're just a lying machine! Die!" I cursed him, with powers in my voice. He smiled at me, knowing that the charm speak  is working. He's slowly vanishing, leaving silver sparks as he disappeared into thin air. Then the words the Oracle have left us popped in my memory. "Be careful with this dangerous and devastating thing called love."

The end