prologue

May, 2017 - 3 years later

"HE'S NOT here!" Ariel cursed her angel magic for leading her somewhere too late

Kol rubbed her back to calm her down. "Maybe he doesn't want to be found."

She shook her head. It was just bad timing they were getting, that's all. She went to perform another tracker spell, but Kol grabbed her hand and stopped her.

"You've been doing that too much," he urgently says. "I don't need you almost dying again."

"Just one more time," Ariel pleads. She pouts her lip and traces her hand on his face softly. "I'm getting more powerful by the month, I'll be okay."

Kol gives in to her facade and turns away not to see her perform the spell. Ariel concentrates on the wristband he left behind and searches for pictures that pop up in her mind. A clock tower shows up, blue eyes, witches, werewolves, vampires, mansions.

Ariel drops Asher's wristband and stares at the ground in shock. Kol comes behind her, confused. "What did you see?"

Ariel scoffs and shakes her head. "Asher's in Mystic Falls."

+++

phew, long time no see mystic falls. i CANNOT wait to write ariel back with the gang

originally, i wanted this book to be an au, but after your feedback, i realized it was perfect to have ariel in season 8 of tvd. she literally fits into it so well and i've made hints about it throughout the whole series

this is probably the last book. thank you all for being on this journey with ariel and i. lets make this last one count!!

-brooke