06. be the angel i know you can be

*10+ comments for next update*

+++

HER PHONE went to voicemail for the twenty-seventh time that morning. She slammed it to the ground, causing Asher to jump a little at the table. He set his fork down and picked the phone up from the ground.

"We will find him," Asher reassured her.

"Caroline's kids and my husband is missing to sirens from Hell. Cade's getting closer and closer, I can feel it." Ariel felt cold when she mentioned the devil's name. She had confronted him before, but he had the upper hand then. She felt like Bonnie with Enzo now.

Asher puts his hands on his ears all of a sudden. Ariel gets out of her chair and kneels in front of him. "Ash, what's happening?"

"Sy-Sybil. She's still trying - ah! - to get in my head." Asher lets go and regains control. "It's periodically, but she still wants me back."

"But Kol has your place," Ariel pointed out, even though it pained her to say that. "She shouldn't need anyone else."

"I was her puppet; anything she said I did immediately. Ariel, you can't imagine what she made me do," he reflects. "The amount of people I've killed...the way I killed them...Cade will be right at my doorstep."

"It wasn't you," she reminded him for the millionth time today. "Sybil is powerful, she had you under a deep mind control; sirens are manipulative bastards."

Her phone started ringing, so she picked it up. "Hello?"

"Ariel." Stefan. The engine to his car was roaring in the background. "I know where Kol and Damon are; they're with Sybil, Seline, and the twins trying to summon the devil. Will you and Asher be ready in five?"

She looked over at her brother who nodded his head. "See you soon."

+++

Ariel looked out the window anxiously as Stefan drove to the motel where everyone was at. She didn't know what to expect, or how Kol would react to seeing her. Would he be relieved? Angry? Scared? He would either have the reaction of Damon or Enzo and she hoped it was Enzo's.

"Sybil told me she had a plan for me," Stefan explained to her. "I don't know what it is though."

"So we're going into this blind?" Ariel scoffed. "Great way to die, huh."

Asher tapped his sister's shoulder. "We can take on any of those sirens, vampires, hell, even the devil with our powers. You need to stop doubting yourself."

"I don't–"

"You do," Stefan nods his head in agreement to Asher's remark. "I think you're just nervous to see how much power you actually have. I've seen you fight, you're really good, but you have the power to take down a vampire with just a whoosh of the wrist. If things get messy, you both need to show them what you're made of."