03. you just have to trust me

+++

+++

"SURPRISE!"

Caroline's eyes widen as Ariel pops open a glass of champagne. The cork flies toward the wall and breaks the glass of a picture.

"Oops." All three girls laugh in unison.

"Sit down bride-to-be, breakfast awaits you!" Bonnie pulls out a chair for Caroline to sit in.

"You guys didn't have to do this," Caroline says. She looks over at Bonnie, "Especially you. I know this is hard–"

Bonnie shakes her head. "I'm happy for you. Trust me."

Ariel takes a waffle from the middle of the table and drenches syrup on it. "You do know we're going to get him back Bon; him and Asher. That siren's got nothing on us."

"That's right," Caroline nods her head. She takes a sip from the whole champagne bottle, not caring to pour it in her own cup. "You and Enzo are going to have a magical wedding in Paris–"

"Caroline," she reiterates. "I'm happy."

Ariel picks up a book from the ground and places it on the table. "Bonnie scraped this up. We're going to help plan."

Caroline's eyes widen at her old wedding planner she wrote when she was a kid. It seemed so long ago. "You guys are the best."

"We're planning a June wedding," Bonnie and Caroline both laugh at their inside joke.

Caroline claps her hands together. "Yes! The June wedding."

Ariel felt out of place, but she knew they have known each other for a long time. She wished she had their childhood on earth; planning weddings and gossiping about the most meaningless topics. However, she was happy she met these two and now, their bond was growing stronger each day.

+++

The girls went to the bridal shop, picking out dresses for Caroline's big day. After a run in with Damon, they all knew that they needed to be on high alert from here on out.

"Are you sure you're okay, love?" Kol asked over the phone.

"Yes." Ariel replied. "I'm with Caroline and Bonnie at the Salvatore mansion. We're gathering weapons right now. How's Alaric doing?"

Kol looked at the older man who was intensely reading papers from the Armory. "Not so good; stressed is the word I'd use."