01. lets get our brothers back

10+ comments for next update :)

+++

SHE WAS BACK.

After many years away, Ariel stepped foot into the first home she had on Earth: Mystic Falls. It was the same, the bell tower standing high at noon, the Mystic Grill bustling with hungry citizens, and festivities happening at every corner.

She didn't know where to first. To Matt? Stefan? Caroline? Bonnie? Hell, even Damon?

Kol placed a hand on her back and motioned her down the sidewalk. "I think the only person who may know where Asher is lives down here."

Ariel cringed when she saw the Salvatore mansion come into view. She didn't leave on a good note after Kol left. She threatened hell on Elena and Jeremy; even though she didn't regret it, it'd still be weird after seeing Stefan and Damon after all this time. They didn't even reach out to her. Her fists clenched.

"Hey hey hey," Kol stood in front of her and let her hands rest in his. "It's okay. I'm here."

Ariel tried not to let the tears slip out, but so many memories of this town came rushing at her. "This was a mistake." Finn holding a knife to her neck. "We should've just stayed in Paris." Matt driving off Wickery Bridge. "They hate us." Damon throwing her across the room. "I hate them." Jeremy killing Kol.

"Trust me love, I do too. But we need to find your brother."

His thumb wiped away a stray tear on her cheek. She took a deep breath. Kol was right. She missed her brother dearly and would do anything to get him back.

Ariel and Kol walked up to the door and knocked. She heard scrambling inside and a deeper voice say who the hell could that be? Stefan

The door opened and Stefan's eyes widened at the sight of Ariel and Kol. "What can I do for you guys?"

"Where's my brother?" Ariel angrily stated. She knew that he had information, the question was would he tell her.

Stefan shook his head. "I'm sorry I-"

"Stefan." Kol interrupted him. "We've been searching years for him. Ariel loves him dearly and all she wants is to know where he is."

Stefan was surprised at how calm Kol has become. He let them come inside and sit in his living room. He poured some bourbon for them and sat across from them.

Ariel sipped her drink as Stefan talked. "Asher came here about a year ago. He was scared and said this was his last resort. Vampires under...Marcel? I think that was his name. They wanted to kill Asher so I had Bonnie put a spell on him so no one could locate him. He talked to us about what happened in New Orleans and how he was your twin brother. He's a good guy, helped us with anything he could. But,"