02. i hate losing

*10+ comments for next update*

+++

"THIS IS THE LAST ONE."

Ariel grabbed the last box and brought it into the house. The Salvatore mansion brought three new residents in today: Ariel, Kol, and Caroline. They were more than welcome to bring the angel and original in when Matt's house had been occupied by a complete stranger. Caroline was ecstatic as her and Ariel bonded over moving boxes to their new rooms. Bonnie has been distant lately with Enzo being different, so this was good for her.

"What was your wedding like?" Caroline asked as she closed the door behind her.

Ariel set the final box down and admired the ginormous diamond ring on her finger. "I wish it was with my family and friends, but we had no other choice. However, it was still magical. After all that we've been through, we finally made forever an official thing."

"I'm so happy for you guys!" the blonde smiled. "I apologize with regards from everyone else on how we treated you two years ago. We never thought an original vampire could love."

"Oh trust me they can," Ariel said, pouring each of them a glass of wine. "Klaus still had a damn painting of you in his room."

"A painting?" Caroline asked. Her cheeks turned a light shade of red.

"He claims it wasn't you, but we all know only one blonde can really have his heart," Ariel chuckled. "Too bad you were an ass to him."

"I know, I regret it so much." Ariel could tell that when Caroline said this, she hadn't told anyone that dark secret if hers yet. Even though Klaus and Kol both had their issues, Klaus was more notorious for being a monster.

"Was the whole rude facade a way to hide your true feelings?"

Caroline felt weird answering yes to Ariel, but she did. The whole situation with Klaus was in the past; she had Stefan now and couldn't be any happier.

"Cheers to having hot men in our lives," Ariel held out her glass to the blonde's.

"Cheers."

+++

"Are you sure you don't need Kol and I? We can easily steal a car right now and catch up–"

"It's okay Ariel," Stefan reassures her over the phone. "There needs to be protection back in Mystic Falls. Plus, Asher is more dangerous than anyone and we don't want you getting hurt by him."

She groaned. "Fine. But if you can't control my brother that's on your for not having me there. Just...update me whenever you can, okay?"

"I will I promise."

Ariel placed her phone back in her pocket and looked back at Kol who was waiting for her on the bench. Her mind travelled back a year ago.

Venice, Italy 2015