08. ready for anything

+++

+++

CLOSING HER EYES, SHE LET THE ENERGY AROUND HER BUILD UP. Her hands heated up and the wind blew her hair back. She lifted up her hand, forcing everything towards Asher in front of her. The Summers boy flew backwards and hit a tree. He groaned in pain, slowly getting up as his sister ran over towards him.

"Oh god, are you okay?" she quickly asked as he shook some leaves out of his head.

"Don't worry about it," he reassured her. "That was amazing! Hardest hit all day. I think you're regaining  your power."

Ariel had realized that she wasn't herself was because Cade was in town. Even though angels were the better half of light and dark, Cade still had the power to lower the capabilities of angels. And since Ariel was in Hell at one point, he still had some control over her. However, she wasn't going to let the devil take over her life; first he took Asher and then Kol. He wasn't taking her powers as well.

"I just feel like every time I regain them they seem to go away," Ariel sighed, sitting on the forest floor with him. "Stefan believed I could get past it, but I've never experienced this before."

"You have to figure out what fuels you," Asher instructs her. "Anger? Fear? Love? Tap into the times you were most feared and remember what you were feeling then."

The most recent she could think of was when she was escaping New Orleans and hurting any vampire that came towards Kol. Then it went to Denver when she fought Damon. Matt when he almost died and she used everything to keep him alive.

It was love.

But all she could think about was anger right now. Cade was ruining the good in her life and it was frustrating not being able to take him down so easily. She needed a challenge though.

"It's love," she answered.

Asher reached over and placed a hand on hers. "I know you and I know you're angry right now, but you need to focus on love. Anger will only destruct more around you, especially yourself."

+++

The Armory felt the same as before as she entered with Matt. He held the box that contained what Tyler had left behind for him. Her heart still hurt that he wasn't here anymore with them.

"Anybody here?" Matt called out. "Hello?"

"Hey!" Ariel yelled louder, hearing footsteps upstairs.

Finally, a younger man came down, about in his mid-twenties. He smiled at the two, "You must be Matt and Ariel. I'm Dorian."