How About "No"

"Yeah... no thank you." Robert mumbles, continuing to prepare for his first class.

"Please, Bobby."

He sighs and turns to her. Liberty stands there, almost pouting, dressed in her everyday "smart" out fit - crisp white shirt with a black 'professional' skirt and a pair of black high heels that bring her to his height. Almost.

"Please don't call me 'Bobby.' Only my friends call me that."

She gasps slightly, "ouch."

He scoffs. "Don't pretend you have a heart either, love. It isn't your style."

"Robert," she snaps. "Please do this for me."

The brunette frowns, shuffling a pile of papers on his desk, "the only words I heard there were; "Please," "do," and, "me."

When she rolls her eyes, he grins and says. "Now, if you will excuse me, I do actually teach in this school and not everything is about you. Wow. Surprising, isn't it?"

"Your such an ass."

"Thank you," he replies, frowning at a piece of paper in front of him.

Liberty sighs, "because it was obviously a compliment." She mutters under her breath. Her green eyes watch Robert as he reaches up with a piece of white chalk and writes on the bored with his usual untidy handwriting. She zones out once his bicep flexes.

"Stop watching me," he says quietly.

"I was not watching you," she retorts. "I was watching your arms."

Wait.

That wasn't supposed to come out...

"Well, my arms thank you for the somewhat of a compliment, Mrs-"

"Miss."

"Well at least you aren't married." He says, more to himself, seemingly relieved by the fact.

"Hey, Da... I mean, Robert." Liberty looks to see a young boy around the age of fourteen walk in. His brown hair is swept up into a neat, very precise quiff and his smile reaches his brown eyes.

The teacher turns his upper body, "hi, Dylan. Your early, everything alright?"

The boy rolls his eyes. "Stop worrying. I'm fine, Mr Foster."

Robert makes a face. "Please don't ever call me that. It's too weird. I feel old."

"You are old."

"Park your ass, boy." Robert glares and the boy laughs, sitting in the second row, dumping his bag onto the desk. He raises his legs-

"Feet down, Dylan."

Liberty frowns. Robert isn't even looking at the student. Instead of being surprised, Dylan just huffs, crossing his legs instead, eyes focused on his mobile.

"How did you know he was going to do that?"

Robert grins, "some students you get to know far too much." Is all he says, still writing.

"Is there even any writing in music?"

She misses Dylan's over dramatic eye roll from his seat.

Robert stares at the other teacher blankly, hand stilling on the board. "No, of course not. Singers and musicians get their lyrics and chords off of a little troll who lives under a bridge-"

"Oh, very funny."

"No," Robert interrupts. "I'm actually being serious. He's called Dumbledore and he-"

"You really think I haven't seen Harry Potter before?" Liberty cocks her head, eyebrow raised.

"Damn," he smirks, sitting down the chalk, wiping his hands. "You got me."

The woman shakes her head at him. "Your something."

He smiles, "that I am, Miss Garcia."

"Liberty's fine."

Robert hums, Picking up a brown acoustic guitar, picking the string, "why Liberty?" He asks, tuning the instrument.

"What?"

He looks down, "Liberty like, Liberty Liberty, or-"

"Liberty like Libby."

"Not the statue?"

"Not the statue."

"That's a bummer." He blurts. "It'd be pretty cool to be named after her."

"Technically I am, but not. The name runs down the family. The oldest child gets the name."

He looks back at her, "isn't that a bit unfair? Like for the other kids. They might feel left out and unimportant. Your siblings-"

"I'm an only child."

"... Small family then?"

"My parents died when I was a young girl."

His face falls and he blinks, "I'm-"

"No need to be sorry. Not like it was you fault. Besides, I shouldn't have told you that."

"No," he says, eyes sparkling. "I was going to say that I'm sorry for your loss. That's a pretty difficult thing to go through."

"Like you would know."

He smiles slightly, sitting the guiter down again, "more thank you think, anyway."

Dylan swallows the lump in his throat when the words are out and he slips his phone into his pocket as the bell rings for first period.

"I'll see you later, Mr Foster," Liberty says as the pupils begin to file in, smile wide and fake.

"See you," Robert replies, watching her. "Hey, Miss Garcia," he calls as she reaches the door. She turns to face him. "I know I'm going to regret this..." He begins.

Liberty smiles for real this time, "see you on Monday. Period three, Maths department, don't forget. Or get lost." She finishes his sentence off for him, strolling away in those six inch heels. "Thanks, Bobby!" She calls from down the hall.

"No woman should have the ability to walk in those things." Robert mumbles as her form disappears form his sight.

.

.

.

Sooooooo?

What did you think?

Was it okay?

Please let me know. I really need feedback on this.

Please Vote and Comment.

Thank you!

~ MrsDowney. :)