Phone Calls and Hair

The following morning

Liberty wipes her eyes, "I'm such a pussy. I'm crying. Again."

Sarah shakes her head, hugging her again, "no, Lib. You're not." The older woman rubs her back. "You won't be seeing him anytime soon anyway, sweet heart."

"Where's Robert?" Liberty asks, blinking. "Is he alright? He isn't in. Is... is he okay?"

Sarah laughs, "of course he is. He's Robert."

"He... stuck up for me, Sar." She whispers, a faint smile on her lips. "Nobody has ever done that for me before. Not like that."

"That's Robert for you," Sarah smile. "He's generous."

Liberty hums at this, staring at the table. "Where is he, I need to talk to him- thank him."

Sarah swallows, "he's um... I suspended him for a few days."

The face Liberty makes is humorous. "Excuse me?"

"He isn't allowed to use violence in school. Plus," she shrugs, "he was hurt."

"He was hurt?"

"Yeah, but it-"

"I have to see him or- do you have a number? Do you have his number- like, in the computer or something?" Liberty searches her jacket pockets, "damn it. Left my phone..."

"Liberty," Sarah smirks, "of course I have his number." She hands her, her own phone. "It'll be in there. Use my bathroom."

"You have a bathroom?"

Sarah scoffs, "of course I do. I am not using the..." She shivers, "gross. No thank you." She points to the door in the corner of the office.

Liberty laughs, accepts the mobile and heads to the other room.

Ten minutes later, she is still sitting on the toilet lid, holding the phone in her hands. The door cracks open. "It isn't going to phone itself, babe. You actually have to unlock the thing first."

Liberty rolls her eyes and makes a face, pressing the on button. "Five, two, eighty." Sarah says, then closes the door again.

Typing in the numbers, Liberty unlocks the iPhone and goes to contacts. The fifth name down says Robbie.

Must be him...

Unless she knows another Robbie.

Now she is just wasting time.

Just call him.

Oh, shut up.

Bish whet?

I said shut up.

If I ever did shut up, then you wouldn't have friends, sweet heart.

Oh, fuck off.

... Just because you want to lick his face.

What the fuck?

... *smirks*

Oh, fuck right off.

She is arguing with her conscience.

For Christ's sake, she has it bad.

You've only known the guy what, three months?

...

I don't blame you. He's like Christmas and Brad Pitt combined.

He looks nothing like Brad Pitt. Robert's hotter.

You know what I mean. Hurry up and call him.