Suspension?

Author's note:- Okay. Just a little heads up. First of all, I want to thank all of you for the comments and reads and votes, like, holy crap. Your amazing.

Secondly, this chapter is a little bit more Robert than normal. It gives you an idea about his life. So... it is pretty important.
Enjoy. :)

.
.
.

He laughs, "oh, please tell me that you are pulling my leg or something." He was met with her blank stare. "This is a joke," Robert frowns, leaning forward in his seat with difficulty. "He tried to-"

"I am aware of what he was trying to do, Mr Foster-"

"Then why aren't you doing anything about it?" He yells in reply, standing. Sarah's hand lands on her office phone. He sighs, closes his eyes, "I'm sorry."

"You should be," she snaps. "I should get security right now."

Robert sits down again, grabbing a pen from her desk, clicking it out of irritation. "It was rage, Sarah. I swear. I am never," he raises his eyes to look at her, "like that. You've known me for what, ten years?" He exhales in frustration. "I have kids, come on. I am not a violent person. I just-"

"Robert." She says.

He continues, looking at the floor, following the patterns of the carpet. "I don't like to see grown men treat women like that. Especially women that they are supposed to love. And they... they don't even realise what it is like to not have that person anymore. It... in my opinion, if I may, Mrs O'dowd, the guy should have been locked up ages ago.

He should have been removed from the scene and from the building but... I was. I'm sorry for not understanding that very well but it doesn't make sense. You can not suspend me for protecting a colleague."

"You were removed because I didn't want you to get hurt." The blonde woman gives him a sympathetic look. "You can not raise your hand in a school. Never mind to a parent or-"

"He wasn't a parent!" He throws the pen across the table.

"Or carer." She finishes, catching the pen in her hand. Robert groans;

"He wasn't either."

"I don't care what or who he was, Mr Foster. You are a teacher. You raised your hand in a school in front of the children." Sarah tells him, crossing her legs.

"This school is a fucking joke." He growls, rubbing his face. "Why don't you just fire me?"

"Because I promised Diana," she says. He looks up at her, eyes surprised. "She asked me to give you a job and to make sure that you don't make your life go to shit."

He sighs, "I wasn't born to be a teacher. You know what I am good at. Why do you think I succeeded?"

"But you are a teacher now, Robert. Those days are over. Have been for six years now."

"I know," he says. "I know." They sit in silence for a few moments. "So what happens now, then?"

Sarah grabs a slip of paper from one side of her desk and uses the pen Robert threw only moments ago to scribble something down. "This," she hands him it. "Is your suspension slip. When you leave you give the office the green one and when you come back, you hand them the white one."

"I'm suspended."

"Yup."

"From High School."

She nods her head.

Robert crosses his arms, winces and stares, "feel like a fucking teenager again."