Fondue

As they walk out of the coffee shop, Liberty takes her hand out of Robert's. The man blinks and looks down at her. She stares back.

"You didn't have to do that."

Robert smiles and it reaches his eyes. Liberty can not help but smile back at him. Keeping eye contact, he sips his coffee. She frowns. She can tell that he is smirking from behind the cardboard cup. "What?"

He removes the cup from his face and is, indeed, smirking. "Nothing. Libby."

She rolls her eyes, "oh, whatever. Like you've never heard anybody call me that."

"Not with that amount of enthusiasm anyway. Nobody greets me with that much... joyfulness." He pouts.

"Aw," she laughs. "Except all of the women in America."

"Excuse me?" He sends her a cheeky smile.

Well that wasn't supposed to come out.

"I didn't say anything." Liberty mutters. Robert is just looking at her with those eyes and that face. "Stop."

Robert studies her beauty: the arch of her cheek bones, pout of her lips, and cocks his head, "stop what?"

"Staring at me like that."

Are you blushing?

No.

Liar.

Fuck off.

He smiles differently this time. She swears that the guy has twenty different smiles. "I can't help it."

Your definitely blushing now.

I'm sorry. Do you know what fuck off means?

Jesus. Fine then. Just don't rape the guy.

For Christ's sake.

Stop pissing about like a virgin, stop talking to your conscience and answer the guy. He's gonna' have a fucking seizure.

"I'm sorry," she hears him say as he panics. "Did I go too far? I... I didn't mean to, I just meant that your pretty- I mean, in a friend kind of way, well actually I-"

Before either one of them can say anything else, Liberty's hands glide along the sides of Robert's neck and tangle into his hair, pulling him closer as she strains upwards to kiss him slowly. Nails scratching the back of his neck, Robert moans into her mouth, large hands grabbing her waist and snapping her hips forward, colliding against his own.

She tugs Robert closer again, needing the friction between their bodies; needing all of the space between them gone. Flush; clothes rutting against clothes, the teachers make-out like teenagers outside of Starbucks.

Robert moves his right hand to cup the back of Liberty's head, protecting it with his knuckles. Her back hits the wall and he uses his left hand to hold his weight against the wall as his lips finally detach from her own and nip their way down the bare skin of her neck.

As his lips return to hers, Liberty's finger nails paint red lines across the back of his neck and he groans; feral and erotic, vibrating against Liberty's lips, echoing into her mouth.

Their noses rub together when the kiss brakes apart and Robert pants, breathing against her lips. He freezes suddenly, thinking that maybe she regrets it already, but relaxes as she kisses him again, short and sweet.

"I have been wanting to do that for ages," he says, pressing his rough cheek against her smooth one, tongue reaching out to lick a stripe along her ear lobe.

"How long exactly," she asks breathless, holding his face with one hand, thumb stroking over the stubble living on his jaw line.

"When did you start working at the school?" They laugh at the question.

"That long?" Liberty exclaims, surprised.

"Sad, isn't it," Robert grins, "you just walked right in all confident and dressed in that... skirt-"

"It wasn't even a skirt, I only realised that night how short it was. I was horribly embarrassed the following day."

He chuckles, head moving to her shoulder. "I remember."

"Did it... effect you?" She asks, smirking.

He whines against her neck. "Let's just say I had a really cold shower after school that day."

That was hot.

Please don't but in now.

Okay, okay. Carry on, love bird.

Distracted, Liberty doesn't realise what Robert is doing until he pulls his head away. One spot on her neck throbs slightly and she widens her eyes. "You didn't."

"She's a beauty." He says, brown eyes sparkling.

Liberty rolls her eyes. "You are such an ass."

"A nice one?" He questions with that pout again.

"Yes, a nice one."

He smiles. "So what happens now, then?"

Liberty sighs. There is always something in the way. "I'm not entirely sure."

Robert bites down on his bottom lip.

Oh, don't do that. Please don't.

He nods and Liberty continues. "But... you are amazing and genuine and cute and sexy and nice..."

"But you aren't ready for a relationship."

Liberty inhales. "No. Truthfully, I'm not. And this thing, if this was to be anything more than a kiss then... we'd both loose our jobs as well and I'm professional and-"

Robert steps forward, ghosting his lips over hers to shush her. "I understand."

"Why do you have to be perfect?" She whines, stroking his face. "It isn't fair."

"I'm anything but perfect, honey. I'm a broken jigsaw puzzle. And at this point in my life I probably couldn't last in a relationship. In fact, I know I couldn't. But... you... I just feel..." He shakes his head. "I feel different around you and I haven't felt that since..." He stops. "In a very long time."

Liberty holds his face in her hands, staring into big, emotional brown eyes. "Your gorgeous."

"You are as well." Robert mumbles, eyes glancing at her lips. "And you could really kiss me again."

She smiles, pecking him on the lips. "Sure, we couldn't be in a relationship but... what if we could... fool around every so often until we do find other people?"

"Fool around?" He grins. "Is this nineteen forty? Oh, yes. Let's fondue-"

"Oh, shut up. Somebody watches too much Marvel."

"Marvel is love, Marvel is life."

"Oh, be quiet, you nerd." Liberty laughs, kissing him again.

.

.

.

It's Monday tomorrow. *Crawls into corner and sobs*

Short, I know. But I promised a chapter this weekend and it's properly late over here... 11:59pm to be exact. I don't know what time that makes it over your end but meh. I'm sleepy and I need my bed.

They snogged, oh my God.

What is going to happen?

Much more to come!

Holy shit. I GET THE OCTOBER WEEK OFF. Yeah!

*celebrates and dances terribly*

RANDOM QUESTION:

When did you begin loving Robbie?

Vote and Comment!

Thank you!

~ MrsDowney. :)