two.

it's the day before a-troupe auditions, or "the challenge". i remember back to the first challenge i did, way back in j-troupe.

i'm rehearsing my solo in studio a, going over and over the choreo. if i don't get a-troupe this year, i don't know what i'll do. but i won't let that happen. after everything that happened before regionals with lola and elliot and my hip, i want the road to nationals to be purely focused on dance. and maybe noah.

just as i decide to head home for the day, i see noah walk in. "i thought i'd find you here," he smiles.

"where else would i be?" i ask, sipping from my water.

"the moon?" noah laughs.

"very funny noah," i say sarcastically, but deep down he did make me smile.

"you look exhausted, how long have you been rehearsing?"

i shrug, "six hours?"

"six hours?!" noah exclaims, "what if your muscles cramp? and then you can't audition? and then you don't get to go to nationals?"

"noah," i sigh, "you know better than anyone that my pre-audition and pre-competition self care routine includes taking a literal boiling hot bath the night before, so i don't get muscle cramps."

"oh yeah."

"and do you really think a cramp would stop me? i'm richelle. i danced with a broken shank and snapping hips."

"fair point."

"so," i start, pausing a little, "did you come here for a reason?"

"i don't know... hey do you remember that duet pheobe made us do, and i was supposed to try teach you something?"

i smile, "of course i remember. i also remember that you didn't teach me anything," i smirk.

"i thought i taught you an aerial?" noah questions.

"noah, i've been able to do an aerial about as long as i've been able to walk," i exaggerate.

"fair point," he shrugs, "so why did you say i taught you it?"

i sigh, "because after you ate that sandwich so disgustingly, there was no way i wanted to go to dinner with you."

noah jokes at being offended, "you know i had a sinus issue!"

"okay sure," i giggle.

"well, you know i can eat with my mouth closed now, right?"

"i don't think jacquie would've dated you for that long if you couldn't, but yet again she kept an egg dissolving in her locker for four months."

"i swear on my dogs life that i can eat properly now," noah laughs, "so, you remember the choreography?"

i nod.

"do you think you have time for one more dance before you head home?" noah ask.

i smile, "one last dance."