twenty.

jacquie grabs her cheek, wincing. it looks like she's holding back tears. "what the hell!? what was that for?!"

"honestly jacquie, i thought we were friends, but you're just a little whore!" i yell at her, crossing my arms across my chest.

"what the hell are you talking about?!" jacquie shouts back at me. her hand drops away from her face revealing a stinging red imprint of my hand.

"you know what i'm talking about," i hiss.

jacquie shakes her head, "i really don't."

"perhaps it's because less than two hours ago you were making out with my boyfriend, moaning 'i love you'," i snap at her.

jacquie looks as if she chokes, "sorry, who?"

i laugh. "how many boys have you made out with today?"

jacquie's face turns red, "uh one."

"yeah. my boyfriend," i hiss.

jacquie's eyes widen. "wait, hold the fuck up, you're dating noah?" she exclaims.

"well not for very much longer, once i'm finished with you i'm off to break up with him."

"wait a minute. you're my best friend dating my ex boyfriend."

"and you're my best friend making out with my boyfriend," i say mocking her tone.

"richelle, how the fuck was i supposed to know that you were dating noah? you're in the wrong here, going behind my back and dating my ex."

then it hits me that she's right. i never told her about noah and i. "i-i didn't tell you because i didn't want to hurt you."

"sure," she says, rolling her eyes.

"jacquie i swear."

jacquie bites her lip. "i'm sorry. i wouldn't of kissed him if i knew you two were dating." her entire cheek is an angry, fiery red. it's starting to swell. i obviously hit her a lot harder than i meant to.

"so.. you kissed him?" i ask hopefully.

"yes, but he deepened the kiss, and said not to stop after i told him we shouldn't, and he was the one who's hands were going wild."

"oh," i mumble. i look down at the ground, feeling guilty about hitting her. "i'm really sorry. i overreacted without knowing your side of the story."

"it's okay. i probably would've done the same to be honest," jacquie says, laughing softly.

"so... are we good?" i ask, my voice nervous.

jacquie smiles, "of course."

i smile weakly. "i-i should probably break up with noah, do you know where he is?"

jacquie looks at her hands, "maybe it would be better if you did it over the phone. to save anyone else getting slapped."

i laugh softly, "good idea." i grab my phone from my locker and shakily tap noah's contact. it starts to ring, and jacquie motions that she's leaving.

noah picks up, as jacquie closes the locker room door behind her. "hey babe," noah says softly.

"hi," i whisper.

"you didn't show today," he states. it's not even a question. i don't think he even sounds upset.

"i did actually. i walked into studio 1, and i was a little early, and i saw you with jacquie. don't try to deny it. i saw it all," i say quietly.

"oh my god," noah mutters under his breath, "richelle, it wasn't my fault, she kissed me, i swear!"

"noah, leave it. i've already talked to jacquie and i know that you told her not to stop," i argue.

"richelle, babe, listen to me, i didn't mean it. i don't feel anything for her!"

a few tears trickle down my cheeks. "noah, you don't get it, we're over. whatever we have- or had- is over."

noah sounds frustrated, "we can make it work! it won't happen again, i swear!"

"stop with the stupid excuses, noah, it's over!" i hiss down the phone.

"ugh, why are you such a stubborn bitch?!"

i laugh sarcastically. "don't you dare fucking switch this on me. i didn't cheat!" i yell, and then realise, that's actually a lie. i kissed lola. "look. noah. we're better off as friends."

"i can't believe you."

"noah, you obviously still have feelings for jacquie-" i try to say, but noah cuts me off.

"-i don't!"

"noah!" i yell, "don't fucking cut me off! you like jacquie and i have feelings for someone else too, so we're over! end of conversation!"

"wait, what the fuck? you have feelings for someone else?" noah hisses.

"yeah, i do."

"who?" he asks, his voice angry.

"lola," i whisper softly.

noah's silent for a few moments, before he speaks up again. "you're right. we're over. whore." the line goes dead.

with all the shit's happened today, i just want to go home, go to sleep, and not wake up for a hundred years.