seven.

we're in rehearsals, going over some choreo ideas, when emily says she has an announcement to make.

"so, as you all know, our previous dance captain, noah, has moved on from a troupe, meaning we need a new dance captain," emily tells us. i really want to be dance captain, but i know i shouldn't get my hopes up. i'm not exactly everyone's best friend. i don't know if i have any friends. jacquie's gonna hate me if she finds out about noah and me.

"i've actually chosen a dance captain," emily begins, "but before i tell you who i want to tell you why. the person i've chosen is a technically perfect dancer, and has been since i can remember, but recently they've really grown as a person, and their dancing has come on beautifully. i know that they are an amazing leader, but will step back when needed. our new dance captain is... richelle!"

i think my heart explodes, "really?!"

emily smiles, "you deserve it richelle."

"okay, i won't hug you because i'm totally professional now, but thank you so much!" i squeal. i got my dance captaincy back!

everyone congratulates me, but i just want to tell noah. i grab my phone and quickly text him.

richelle♥️|11:16am
hey you ;)
guess who just got her dance captaincy back FINALLY after you stole it

noah✨|11:18am
piper??

richelle♥️|11:19am
no
me you dumbass

noah✨|11:20am
oH
WELL DONE

richelle♥️|11:20am
THANKS

noah✨|11:23am
shakes and ladders at 12:30?

richelle♥️|11:24am
see u then 💕

butterflies race about in my stomach, and then i see lola approach me out of the corner of my eye.

"hi," she says quietly.

"hey," i reply.

"congrats on getting dance captain again, that's great for you," she smiles weakly.

"thanks," i say, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"so," she starts, "are you going to let people celebrate with you this time?" she laughs softly.

i bite me lip, "yeah, i'm seeing noah later."

her smile wilts a little. it's barely noticeable, but i can see right through her. "that sounds fun," she tries.

"yeah..." i say trailing off.

we stand awkwardly for a few moments before lola speaks up again, "so are you and noah, like, a thing? i heard that he and jacquie broke up."

i barely know the answer to this myself, "i mean, sort of, nothing's official," i tell her, "don't tell jacquie."

lola looks almost disappointed. perhaps she likes noah? "i won't tell anyone," she says, "i promise."

"thanks," i smile softly.

we run through the dance a few more times, and try new tricks. at 12:25 emily tells us to break for lunch, and to be back by 1:15. i quickly hurry off to shakes and ladders, finding noah already sitting at the central table. he stands when he sees me and embraces me in a tight hug.

"well done!" he exclaims when we break apart.

"thanks," i smile softly.

"do you wanna get lunch?" noah asks.

i nod, "yeah, just a sandwich or something."

we order and get sandwiches, just as jacquie walks in with tate. i look over and then grab noah's hand, dragging him out of shakes and ladders and into the corridor.

"why'd you do that?"

"jacquie came in, and i don't particularly want her to know about us, whatever we may be."

"oh," noah pauses, "that's probably a good idea. where do you wanna go?"

"i don't know, the music room?"

"sounds good," he smiles. we make our way there then sit cross legged on the floor, both of us eating our sandwiches.

"so, richelle, what are we?" noah asks.

"i don't know, what do you want to be?"

"i want to be with you," noah states.

"officially?" i question.

"if that's what you want."

"i do," i smirk.

"so we're official now?" noah asks, smiling.

i nod, smiling too. we finish up our sandwiches and i'm putting the packets in the bin when i feel noah's arms wrap round my waist from behind. i spin round to face him and giggle lightly.

"how long do you have until you go back?" noah asks softly.

"twenty minutes," i reply.

"you wanna stay here and hangout?" noah asks, kissing my forehead and sending tingles through my entire body.

"define 'hangout'," i smirk, giggling a little.

"well, we can just hang here, in the music room, where the costume closet is perfectly situated, and i don't know, have some fun?"

"sounds like a plan," i smile, gently pressing my lips against noah's. noah pulls away, takes my hands and pulls us into the music room. he shuts the door behind us and immediately attacks my lips with his. he pulls me closer by the waist, and i melt into him at his touch.

we continue making out for ten or so minutes, when i feel noah's hands tugging at my shirt. i pull away breathless and push his hands away. "did i do something wrong?" he asks worriedly.

"no, no of course not, we just can't do this right now," i explain, still out of breath a little, "i've got rehearsals in like two minutes."

noah nods, "you're right."

"this is to be continued," i smirk. i peck his lips quickly before rushing back to studio a. when i arrive jacquie calls me over.

"hey richelle!" she smiles, "uh, your hair's a bit messed up... and you're smiling a lot more that usual."

i giggle. "yeah, sorry." i fix my hair, "right, let's get rehearsing, these dances won't learn themselves," i laugh, pulling my hair into a ponytail, making sure everyone's here, and pretending that nothing happened at all.