fourteen.

it's been a few days since noah left for new york and i'm missing him terribly. i'm in shakes and ladders, waiting for my mum to pick me up. she's texted me saying that she's stuck in traffic and won't be here for another forty five minutes, so i'm stuck here.

i know amy is practicing her nationals solo in studio 1, and i think lola might be helping her, but i can't really be bothered seeing them right now.

i'm sipping on my smoothie when i see an incoming facetime call from noah pop up on my phone. i smile and accept the call.

"hey gorgeous," noah smirks, "i miss you."

"i miss you too."

"how's things at the studio?" noah asks.

"good," i say, "all the dances are getting really good. lily might be leaving though because she's been made an alternate. henry's been made an alternate too."

"henry?" noah questions, shocked.

"yeah, his dancing's kinda dipped. he's only focused on summer, and complaining about how summer isn't on a-troupe. it's so annoying," i rant.

"that sucks," noah says. he's in a room with some other teenagers.

"how's new york?" i ask.

noah's face lights up. "it's amazing. i'm learning literally so much and i've met so many cool people. everyone here can sing, dance, act, and play instruments like you could never even imagine."

"that sounds great, noah." i'm happy for him, but part of me wishes he was still dancing with me.

"hey, wanna meet some people?"

"sure," i shrug.

noah stands up and moves the camera so i can see a girl. she comes over to him and smiles.

"hey, heidi, this is my girlfriend, richelle," noah says, smiling through the camera at me, "richelle, this is my friend, heidi, we dance together in a mini-production we're doing."

i smile weakly at the girl.

"oh my god, hi!" she exclaims, "noah's told me so much about you!" she gives me a very plastic smile, and flicks her platinum blonde hair.

she looks so fake. and noah looks at her like he looks at me. i hate it.

"oh, noah, my mum's here," i lie, "i have to go."

"alright babe," he says, "see you soon." he blows me a kiss and i end the call abruptly. i decide to go and just grab my stuff and wait for my mum in the front foyer.

i'm about to step into the locker room when i hear someone crying inside. i peek round the door and see lola curled up sobbing on the sofa. amy's sitting next to her, gently stroking her hair.

i feel a pang of jealousy stab my gut. why is lola crying to amy? i didn't know they were even close. lola is my best friend!

i turn away from the door and press my back against the wall outside. i listen to what the two girls are saying.

"it's just, i like them so much, like so much," lola weeps. so she likes someone? a strange feeling twists inside my stomach.

"it's okay, babe, it'll work out," amy tells her. did amy just call her babe? oh my god. does lola like amy? no, lola would've told me if she liked girls, i'm sure of it. amy likes girls though. do they like each other?

"they'll never like me back," lola sobs.

"you never know," amy says softly. holy shit. they're actually in love. lola's telling amy about a secret mystery crush, which just happens to be amy, and amy's doing the whole flirty 'maybe-the-person-that's-obviously-me-does-like-you-back' thing.

"but what if my feelings ruin my friendship with richelle? she's my best friend," lola cries. wait a second, it can't be amy she likes. that wouldn't ruin anything between us.

"just talk to her," amy whispers.

"she'll hate me forever. she'll never speak to me again," lola says, choking on her words a little. why would i hate her because of who she likes? unless, no, she doesn't like noah, does she? oh my god. she likes noah.

it's a stab in the gut. that's why she's telling amy and not me. she likes my boyfriend. that fucking whore. i can't believe her. i thought we were friends.