Time Skip... Intern Year

Let's just time skip to the good stuff.  N/N= your nickname 

The Year 2029

Y/N Grey- Shepherd is now 18 years old and starting her surgical residency at Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital.  I know what you all are thinking what about undergrad or med school, but dear Y/N is a child of not one, but two world-class surgeons so obviously she is going to be a child prodigy. She finished undergrad at 16 and then finished med school at 18 and is now taking her first steps into the Grey-Sloan Hospital as a surgical intern, bottom of the surgical food chain, a nobody, but she didn't mind she wanted to be treated this way since she was always treated like a princess in the hospital. Both of her parents work at the hospital as attendee surgeons, one general and the other neuro. Not giving much lee-way into the specialty she wants to go into her parents constantly fought about which one of them will train her into the next generation of surgery either joining the line of Grey General Surgeons or the endless Shepherd Neurosurgeons, but she didn't want to do any of these she wanted to be the first Orthopedic Surgeon in the family, but everyone knows that won't happen.  As she takes her first steps into the locker room where her mother once was she knew she was in for the greatest and worst times of her life. Everyone at the hospital calls Y/N little Shepherd since she looks like the spitting image of her father. As she was getting ready she heard whispers from the other interns saying "She's only 18" and "She's the daughter of Grey and Shepherd" and "She only got in this program because of her parents." Y/N knows the drill, of course, she ignores them politely and finishes putting on her light blue scrubs. After that, she hears the chief of surgery of come in to assign us to residents and that is Aunt Bailey as always. She reads the list and I hear my name being called and I'm assigned to Dr. Levi Schmitt, who of course among all the residents idolize both of my parents. As I'm walking to meet Dr. Schmitt I'm greeted by two other interns who introduce themselves "Hi I'm Cassidy Byrne." The blonde, over-excited one says. "And I'm Mindy Miller." The brunette, surprisingly calm one says. "It's an honor to meet the daughter of two of the most famous surgeons in the world," Cassidy says with too much spunk. "Yea a huge honor Y/N," Mindy agrees. "The pleasure is all mine," I reply looking almost disappointed since I'm only known for my parents right now, but that will change soon enough. We arrive at the nurse's station only to see Dr. Schmitt taking to a broad shoulder, dark-haired orthopedic surgeon. Not wanting to make a bad first impression we sat and waited until they were done talking. When he was finished he turned around and apologized that we had to see that. Then he proceeds to take about the five rules we have to follow and were given our pagers. After all that we are taken into a patient's room to present a case where of course my one and only father is. "Ahhhh N/N, how is the first day going?" He says looking straight at me and ignores everyone else in the room. "Just swell Dad," I reply with fake enthusiasm. He then looks at the patient and wraps his arm around me pulling me closer to him. "This is my daughter Y/N, she's going to be the next generation of Shepherd Neurosurgeon. That reminds me I have to go talk to Aunt Miranda and have you put on my service for a while, Oh wait I already did." Great, I'm never going to get any orthopedic time here. "Can't wait," I replied looking over to the other interns who are just smiling and giggling to themselves. So much for having any friends here. "You did what Derek!" I heard a familiar voice yell as they walked into the room. Just when I thought the party couldn't get any better my mother walks in, Meredith Grey. "I thought we agreed to give N/N the choice of what she wanted to do." She speaks while walking over to Dad and me. That's when she grabs me off of Dad's shoulder and squishes me into herself and says "We both know she is going to choose General and be an extraordinary Grey General surgeon," She says while cooing me. "Yea.....sure," I say trying not to break any of their hearts. Even though I hated the idea being either I still didn't want to disappoint them, but not doing either of their specialties. While they continued to bicker over which of their services I was going to be on. Uncle Alex walks in and stops them and says that "If you really want her to choose either of your specialties share her equally by having her switch off your services every other week." Thank goodness for Uncle Alex. I look at Uncle Alex and winks at me and as I mouth "Thank you" to him. Both of them agree finally as I'm going to only on their services until I choose my own of the two. "Can we get back to the patient?" I ask hesitantly. "Of course we can N/N," Dad says as my Mom leaves the room, but not before giving me a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Who's presenting?" Dad asks the other people acknowledging them for the first time. This is going to be a long first day.