First Day in the Books

---Y/N's POV---

After sharing a sentimental moment with my parents in the OR scrub room the day was about over. As I was walking to the locker room to get my things and change my wrist was grabbed and right after I was in an on-call room face to face with Dr. DeLuca getting lost in his eyes for the third time today. "You kicked surgical butt today in the OR, Dr. Shepherd." All I managed to mutter out was thanks. "No problem, N/N, How about we celebrate your surgery at Joe's?" "Don't get me wrong I would love to go drink with you, but I'm only 18 and I would prefer not to have my parents killing me tonight." He starts to laugh at my response. "Would you settle for a sprite instead?" "I guess I can settle for that, let me just get my stuff from the locker room and I'll join you outside." As I walked out of the on-call room I was greeted by Mindy and Cassidy and to my surprise, they were both congratulating me. "Yo N/N you did amazing on that appendectomy after getting support from your mother," Cassidy said and giggling with Mindy. "I wouldn't have needed her support if you guys weren't saying such rude things in the gallery." They just stood there with their mouths agape. "Next time you say those things about me, they'll be your last," I said while walking away to the locker room. There goes my last chance of having friends close to my age. I finished grabbing my stuff and headed out to meet DeLuca, but of course, I was stopped by none other than my parents. "Hey sweetie, you coming home with us?" Mom asks me while holding my father's arm. "No, I'm going to hang out with a few friends at Joe's." They both stare at me until Dad spoke up. "They know you can't drink right?" "Yes Dad, they know." "We better not find you coming home drunk tonight, or so help me God you'll be grounded until the end of your surgical residency." " I can promise to you that won't happen." "We better not N/N!!!" Mom yelled at me as I walking towards DeLuca. "I'll see you later, I love you guys!" I yell at them. "We love you too N/N!!!" My father yells back. I finally get to DeLuca. "Shall we?" He says while holding his arm out. "Let's blow this popsicle stand." "You're such a kid." "What did you expect I'm only 18." "You're right." We walk out of Grey Sloan towards Joe's. That's the end of my first day and the start of my first night. What could possibly go wrong? The answer to that a lot, a lot can go wrong in one night.

Sorry for the short chapter, but I promise you the next one will be longer. I got a lot of things planned for this book. If you guys have any suggestions let me know! Until next time.

-Dreya