Morning Chats

---Y/N's POV---

I woke up with a brutal headache and no memory of last night. Well not completely. I do remember my parents coming to get me at Joe's and then Dad yelling at me about a serious chat in the morning. I have to own up to what I did now. Damn, I did the crime now I have to do the time. I turned to my side looking at the picture frame of my family and right next to that was two Advil and a glass of water with a note saying to take these and go to the kitchen for breakfast. I take the Advil and head towards the kitchen. "Well, Well, well look who it is... Ms. Drunk-off-her-ass last night." My father says while spinning his chair around like one of those mofia people in the movies. He's just missing the cat on his lap. "Had a little too much to drink last night. Did we?" My mother says while also spinning around. "You both are being very ominous right now." "This isn't a time for jokes Y/N," Mom says. I nod in agreement not wanting to upset them even further. "We just have one question for you. Why?" Dad asks. "I wish I had a good reason, but I really don't. I guess I just wanted to feel normal like everyone else for once in my life. Ever since I was little I was never treated the same as others, never the same age as the people in my grade, I was never the same as others. Last night was the first time I got to be a normal teenager even if it was illegal, it felt normal. I don't care if I can't go out anymore unless I'm with you guys or if you have to drive me to and from the hospital. I got to feel normal for once in my life I wasn't treated as a child or as a prodigy. But then I did get screwed over by people who I thought I could trust. I guess I can never have a normal life being a surgeon." My parents both looked at me and started tearing up. I started tearing up as well. "Honey why didn't you ever tell us you felt this way?" Mom asks while getting up from her sit. "I didn't think you guys would understand me and I was afraid you would look at me as a disappointment." "Y/N you'll never be a disappointment to us, you're a Shepherd and a Grey," Dad says while getting up from his seat. They both make their way to me and bring me into a group hug. "I love you guys so much." "us the same Y/N, but you're still punished," Mom says. "I kind of figured, what's the punishment?" "First we drive you to and from the hospital for the next month, second you do not complain about scrubbing into either of our surgeries, which you'll be scrubbing in more often now because of this incident, third no more drinking alcohol until you're the legal age and finally no going out for a month unless it's with me or your mother," Dad says to me. "Fair enough," I reply back. "I can't make any promises about complaining though." They both laugh at my remark. I got through to the light at the end of the very dark tunnel. "Now that's settle. Go get ready for work Dr. Grey-Shepherd." Mom says. "With pleasure." I run off to go get ready for my second day as a surgical intern at Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital.

------------------------------------------

A little shorter than usual, but I wanted to have this as a separate chapter before I go back to the hospital. Hold your butts it's about to get real at the hospital. See you all soon!!!

-Dreya