Chapter 3

--Next Day—

"you're back." Izuku said to me as I saw him sitting on the little cobblestone stairs "I wanted to thank you." I said raising a little cookie jar "oh," he said standing up "Come on I know a great spot to eat it." he said as he stood up and walked away as I followed him , we passed some tall trees and everything started to darken as smoke surrounded us . "look what we have here, a human . you would make a good meal." A voice said , I turned to the side to see a shadow with just one eye smiling at me "I want to see you try , you one eyed freak." I said bawling my fist at it , it yelped and turned into a kitsune scuffing away. I turned to Izuku confused "don't worry about them , there just spirits with all bark and no talk." He said signalling me to follow him "why do you wear a mask?" I asked breaking the silence "are you curious?" he asked and I gave him a irritated look "yes I am you fucking nerd that's why I asked in the first place ." I said crossing my arms "you see I'm not a spirit or a human , when the spirits found me when I was abandoned here in this mountain I was still a baby and they decided to keep me they casted a spell to make me live forever." He said " I can take it off if you're wondering but I wouldn't look like a spirit wouldn't I? Plus this body is only temporary if ever touched by a human it will definitely disappear." "wow that's harsh." I said "Have you ever met your parents?" "No they abandoned me in this mountain since I was an infant." He said and stopped by a little bridge on a pond "were here ." he said sitting down and motion me to sit beside him "can I have the cookies now?" he asked and I put it beside him and I took a sit further from him . As he continued to devour the cookies I took in the scene before me he was right this is the best spot to eat cookies, the little pond was filled with waterlilies and there were fishes that are the size of my whole arm swimming peacefully, the wind is slightly chilly because of the trees surrounding this little haven. "tell me about yourself." He suddenly said finishing his 3rd cookie "Why? Are you curious?" I asked and raised my eyebrow at him "That's the sole reason I waited for you at the shrine." He said grabbing another cookie and I rolled my eyes at him "Well were to start? My dad and the old hag decided I was too expose to society so they dragged me here for the summer, we're currently staying at grandma's house." I said grabbing myself a cookie "so you were forced here Kacchan?" He asked and I gave him a confused look "Kacchan??" "That's your new nick name." he said pointing at me "If you're going to give a useless nickname nerd, I'll give you one too." I said thinking and got an idea "Deku." I said with a smirk "it suits you." "ehh..why deku doesn't that mean useless in Japanese?" "yeah, just like you." He pouted while I laughed at him "Come on I know a best spot to sleep in." he said standing up and I followed him, the whole afternoon was spend of the 2 of us chasing each other.