Chapter 7

I slowly creeped in Grandma's to making sure she's asleep before running to Deku, as I arrived he was already there waiting for me dressed in a green yukata, when he saw me he smiled "Kacchan you're finally here." He said waving at me "and you're wearing a yukata." He amused hiding his giggles, I blushed a little "I just happen to brought one along, no big deal." I said defending myself, the yukata I'm wearing is nothing fancy it's rather simple. Just a plain blood red yukata "Come on Kacchan we don't have all night." He stated signaling me to follow him, He led me to the festival which were filled with different booths. "Hey Kacchan, can you tie this on your wrist." Deku handed me a long strip of white cloth, I took it and tied one end in my right wrist "Is this supposed to be a date or something?" I asked a little annoyed, he smiled and titled his head "actually it is." He replied and I could feel my cheeks redden, I looked away from him hiding the obvious red.

The two of us enjoyed walking around, enjoying the festivities while going from booth to booth after that we decided to go to our safe haven; it's the little bridge with the fish pond. The whole forest was quiet except for the sound of crickets "So that was a spirit festival huh..." I said and Deku nodded "Yeah, every summer is like that, every spirit is competing to look like humans." He stated while looking at me "look Deku ever since I was 10, I was happy to be your friend but as time passed by it bloomed into something more." I confessed sitting down on the bridge while he followed "I was afraid to tell you at first, I know I'm a coward but Deku I love you with all my heart. You're my world; my everything." I finished kissing him on his mask "Awww.... Kacchan loves me but don't worry I love you too." He giggled, he took off his mask and put it on me instead, he then kissed it like I did with him. "That mask keep it." He said 'he won't be there next summer, I'm pretty sure this is the last we'll see each other' I thought

"Deku do you fear death?" he shook his head 'no' "I'm supposed to be dead Kacchan." He confessed "I've been cheating death for a very long time and now I think it's time for me to go." He smiled sadly "for many years I had nothing to live for but when you came along my life turned dramatically. It was all because of you I experience love the only thing that I longed for." He said "you completed my life Bakugo Katsuki and for that I thank you." Deku finished as tears started falling down his eyes but he still smiled, I felt something wet was in my cheek, I touched it to only realize that I was crying.

"Deku please don't go." I said as more hit tears rolled down my cheeks, he smiled sadly while rubbing the tears away "I'm sorry Kacchan but my time here is up... don't cry, actually I'm happy that I had the chance to live this world with you by my side." He said "So please... Kacchan can you hug me? Before I go?" I couldn't help it anymore, more tears fall from my eyes and finally with guilt I hugged Deku for the very first and last time.

Light flashed through us as he faded painfully and slowly "I love you Izuku I hope you won't forget that." I said hugging him tighter "I love you too, Kacchan." Deku said "Arigato and Sayonara." Was the last thing he said to me before the light faded and I was left alone to cry for myself "Izuku wanted to hug a human." A voice said, I look up to see all the spirits in the forest "And because of you his wish was finally granted." I wiped my tears away and smiled a little while hugging Deku's mask to my chest, I started my trip home smiling sadly as everything reminded me of him, I passed the shrine were he would always wait for me, looking at it one last time, looking at Deku before I went home.