Prologue

Prologue

Kaitlin Winchester

I sigh as my parents bicker back and forth in the front seat on the way home from our family night to the movies. Mom was upset because Dad didn't bring enough money to go out to dinner after, but he simply retorts saying she never told him to. I hate when my parents fight, but I know to never get involved when they do.

"You truly are horrible, Dylan," My mom fires back, angrily. Never has she used those words on my dad. My dad is never one to be greedily or purposely get my mom so angry. Usually these fights are short, but this time it seemed to prolong.

"Oh shut up, Martha. It's not like your any better," he says back, coldly making my skin shiver at his evil tone. My parents are never this nasty and it started to bother me. They love each other, right?

Why do people who love each other fight? Why would someone do that or say such horrible things to someone they love and care for? Aren't we suppose to make people we love happy? I mean, people aren't perfect.

"Mom, dad, please stop," I let out in the back seat.

"Not now Kaitlin," my mom states, glancing back at me. I notice my dad grip the steering wheel tighter in anger, making me grow fearful. I don't dare to speak up again as the car comes to a stop at the red light.

My dad's gaze immediately goes to my mother. "Anything else you wanna say, Martha?" He jokes coldly, sarcasm in his tone completely. It's not the funny sarcasm, its the cold/evil sarcasm. The sarcasm that makes my skin crawl in fear.

"Just that you're a man whore," she harshly admits to him. I try my best to not speak up, even though I wanted to. My dad is about to retort, but instead he just presses his foot to the gas pedal thinking its a green light.

But it's not.

Next thing I hear is the sound of the car glass breaking and an immediate pain pulsing through my now lifeless body.