Ten

~Kaitlin Winchester~

After the letter, I decided to facetime Austin when I actually was out of the hospital and looking decent. I also wanted to wait till I felt happier because I sure wasn't happy now. I felt so... broken. I have to live with my grandparents which sort of sucks. I'm just lucky they live in Miami near Austin. I got to see him a lot more rather then being in Texas.

The only thing that makes me forget about everything is Austin because I may have lost two very important people, but I also gained someone very important to me. Someone who was there for me more then my own parents.

I sigh as I realize my parents are completely gone. They aren't going to walk through my grandparents' front door and come straight to me with the happiest grins on their face. My dad wouldn't scream sike and make us all burst out laughing. This was reality. I didn't have my actual family. I had no mom. I had no dad. I was an only child so I had no one else who could feel my pain. I had my grandparents, and they somewhat felt my pain, but as a kid it just feels unbearable. They could see them soon and I couldn't.

I sit in my new room, looking around softly and thinking about finally facetiming Austin. I decide to do so hopefully I do at the right time. I decide to text first just in case because if he's busy then it would be a rude time to interrupt.

Hey... It's Kaitlin :)

Before he even answers, he just facetimes me. It makes me grin like a complete idiot and answer without hesitation. This is really happening. He really did come for me. He really did miss me.

Then it happens. His face pops up as he looks at me through the camera, and he just sighs with relief at the fact I'm alive. I smile back softly, trying to put what happened behind me and just focus on him and me.

"Kaitlin," there's his beautiful voice. It makes my cheek turn a small shade of red but the make up I had applied hid that. I put make up on to hide some of the scars forming on my eyebrow, jawline, and the top of my forehead. They were all tiny but still they made me feel insecure.

"Austin," I respond, making him break out in a full length grin.

"I'm so glad you're alive," he lets out, making my smile falter a bit and my mind wander back to the accident. I had to shudder a bit and I notice Austin frown completely.

"Sorry, I didn't mean-"

"It's fine," I say back, trying to not be snappy. It came out snappy though, making me frown more. I just let out a sigh for my sorry. I'm a mess.

"How are you feeling?" He asks and I shrug.

"My broken arm, scars, and headaches really suck," is all I say not wanting to bring up my emotional pain which is what Austin was probably referring to as well. I shrug that side off, not seeming interested in it. I did want to talk about it but I'd rather him be here and then I'd have someone to hold me as I let go of my emotions.

I try my best to not cry while here. Gramps already did enough crying at the fact he lost his own son. I just kept quiet and comforted him. I didn't wanna seem like I wasn't okay when all I felt was broken.

This was a memory I'd never forget.

"I'll be back in two weeks, okay? How you liking Miami?" He asks, trying to focus on something else and not have me so sad. It was kind of a relief to know Austin was back in my life. He definitely meant a lot more to me then he realizes.

"It's hot, but pretty," I voice to Austin as he lets out his healthy chuckle. This is the first actually conversation with Austin and it wasn't awkward. I didn't wanna ask about the past right now. I would ask about why he left later, not over facetime.

"You'll get used to it. I'll show you around, we can take tours, sneak out, be teenagers," he lets out, making me let out my own laugh. He always seemed to make me smile when I least wanted to. I wanted to be alone right now, but Austin's company was better.

"Sounds like a plan, Mahone," I say back before someone shouts for Austin to get back to sound check. It was then I noticed he wasn't in a tour bus. He stopped his sound check just to talk to me which makes me frown a little bit.

"You better go, Austin..." I whisper and Austin looks back at me frowning.

"Just five more minutes," Austin says to me, but I simply shake my head not wanting to be a pain in the ass for his management and crew. Austin has a career to focus on not me. I'm just some girl to Austin.

"Kill it tonight... For me," I voice, smiling softly at him. He smiles back and nods before answering,

"Like always."

That was probably the best performance Austin had ever done from the vines I'd seen the next day. Just knowing he was happy made me happy.