Hand in Hand

Tomura stood outside of Toga's apartment, dressed in a suit and tie, a bouquet of flower in hand. He rang the doorbell, hearing the sound chime inside the house.

A few moments later Toga opened the door an inch, peering out of the crack suspiciously. But when she saw Tomura, she smiled, opening the door wider and sticking her whole head out.

"Hey Shigaraki-san!" she said smiling, "What brings you--" She glanced at the blue-haired man's outfit. "It's about Dabi, isn't it?" she said, sighing.

Tomura nodded.

"Well then," she said, "I suppose you should come on in."

She opened the door all the way, allowing Shigaraki to step into her apartment. The two walked down the long hallway that led to Toga's bedroom, which was decorated with striped pink wallpaper and pictures of Toga's victims.

"So," the blonde-haired teen said, looking over at the blue-haired man who was only a few inches taller than she was, "What's the problem this time?"

Shigaraki sighed. "Well, I'm not sure if you can solve this one but..." he trailed off, his voice cast with disappointment.

"Never underestimate the powers of a crazy teenage girl," Toga said, "Spill it."

"I've been dating Dabi for about six months now; this is our first Valentine's day together," he said, still unsure, "but...even though we got together in August, we still haven't been able to hold hands."

Toga gasped. "Are you telling me that you're even more of a hopeless idiot when it comes to romance than I thought?" she exclaimed.

"No, Toga, it's not that." Tomura shook his head, annoyed. "It's my quirk--touching him with all of my fingers would basically kill him. And while we've linked pinkies and used gloves and done basically everything else we could think of, it's just not the same. I always have to be careful--it's like I can never enjoy my time with him fully because I'm always so worried about hurting him."

"Oh..." Toga trailed off, connecting the dots for the very first time. But only a few moments later, she smiled excitedly, and Tomura could basically see a lightbulb glowing above her head.

"I have just the thing!" she chirped, taking Tomura's hand and picking up her speed, sprinting down the hallway to her room. She went into her closet and pulled out a box of nail polish, bringing it over and setting it next ot Tomura. "Here!" she said cheerfully.

Tomura stared at the box quizzically. "You do realize it's my fingers that activate the quirk, not my nails right?"

"Of course you dummy," Toga said. She took out a clear polish and opened the lid, taking out the brush that was covered with a thick coat of paint. "Give me your hand," she ordered.

Tomura held out his left hand and Toga pulled it towards her. She took the nail polish and brushed it along his smallest finger, coating it with sticky lacquer.

"Don't touch it," she said, taking his other hand and doing the same. Soon, both of Shigaraki's pinkies were covered in clear nail polish.

Tomura stared at his hands in awe. "So now I can hold Dabi's hand?" he asked, admiring the glossy paint that was still damp on his fingers.

"In about 15-20 minutes yes," Toga said. She took Tomura's right hand once more, examining his fingernails. "But honestly," she said grimacing, "If you expect him to want to hold your hand, you're gonna need to do something about your nails."

"I think they're fine!" Tomura objected, looking down at his fingernails, which were yellowed and overgrown. It took all of his willpower not to gag in disgust. "...fine," he said finally, "You can do them. But let me choose the polish color."

Toga squealed with excitement and got out her manicure kit. Tomura had only promised that she could do his nails, but she ended up giving him a full on mani-pedi--with his hair and makeup included as well.

"There!" she said when she was done. Tomura stood in front of the mirror, his eyes sparkling with light blue eyeshadow and his fingernails slick with jet black paint. He moved closer to the mirror, examining the pink lipgloss she had given him.

"Do you think he'll like it?" he asked tentatively, after many minutes of humming and hawing.

"Of course he will!" Toga chirped, staring at Tomura with pride and excitement, "But the real question is, do you?"

Tomura stared at himself in the mirror one again, unsure of quite what to make of it all. "...yes." he said finally, "It's different...but it's nice."

Toga checked the clock next to her bed. "Well it's a good thing that you do, because we wouldn't have time to redo it anyways," she said, "It's time for your date!"

~Time Skip brought to you by Tomura's hair--which I didn't mention but is super cute I promise~

Tomura opened the door to the League of Villain's bar and stepped inside, only to find it decorated with red and pink garlands and heart balloons, with a table for two set romantically in the middle.

"Wow," he breathed, "It's..."

"Pretty cheesy, huh?" said Dabi, stepping out from the back room and walking towards the other man.

"I was going to say amazing but yeah, that works too," said Tomura, laughing softly. "You really did this all?" he asked, looking around the room in amazement.

"Well, Kurogiri helped," Dabi admitted, "I'm much too lazy to have done this all by myself." He stepped closer to Tomura, noticing the blue-haired man's makeup for the first time. "You, however," he said quietly, "Truly look amazing."

Tomura blushed, surprised by Dabi's response. "Yeah, well Toga helped me with it," he said sheepishly.

"And by helped, you mean forcefully applied it to your skin, don't you?" Dabi smirked.

Tomura laughed. "That's true," he said "But there is something that I insisted she do."

He reached out and took Dabi's hand, allowing all five of his fingers to touch Dabi's palm. The black hair man jerked away, scared, but when he realized that nothing was happening he gripped Tomura's hand tightly.

"How??" he asked, puzzled, "Did you finally find a way to kidnap Eraserhead, force him to erase your quirk, and then staple his eyes open for eternity?"

"No, silly," Tomura said, laughing. He let go of Dabi's hand and held his hand up to a lamp, allowing light to reflect off the shiny lacquer painted on his pinky. "Nail polish," he said, "I know its not ideal but..."

"I love it," Dabi said, cutting off Tomura. He grabbed Tomura's hand again, bringing it up to his mouth and kissing it gently, "It's perfect."

Tomura smiled. He reached up with his other hand, cupping Dabi's cheek and pulling him into a kiss. Dabi kissed him back softly, letting his lips become coated with Tomura's shiny lip gloss. When they pulled apart, both men were smiling, staring into eachothers' eyes intently.

"I think we should start our dinner," said Tomura finally, after what seemed like an eternity of gazing into Dabi's ice blue eyes.

Dabi nodded, but kept his fingers entwined with Tomura's as they walked over to the table and sat down.

"Are you gonna hold my hand for all of dinner?" Tomura asked Dabi, as the other man hadn't bothered to let go of Tomura's hand even as they sat down on different sides of the table.

"That was the plan, yeah," responded Dabi, only half joking.

"Well it works for me," said Tomura, not joking at all.

So the two of them sat there, hand in hand, as Kurogiri served them course after course of food in their impromptu restaurant. They ate in silence, but it was a comfortable silence, one that can only be achieved by two people who know each other very well.

"Oh, and Dabi?" said Tomura, near the end of the meal, breaking the silence that had been held for so long between the two.

"Yeah babe?" Dabi responded, squeezing the other man's hand lightly.

"Happy Valentine's day, my love."