The Treble with Parents (Marching Band AU)

Soooo.......I haven't done a proper update in...3 weeks now?? ....oops :(

Aaaaanyways, this next story is based on a request from @Sadie_Lady7 who said "Could you please do a fluffy one-shot with pining and/or flirty Dabi, featuring Mamarigi?" And like I normally do, I changed it a bit and made a second part of the Marching Band AU! It features Dabi as a gay disaster, Tomura as much more flirtatious than he lets on to be, and Kurogiri as an overprotective father figure. Hope you enjoy!

~starrfish

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dabi walked up the pathway that led to Tomura's house, running his fingers through his hair nervously. He knocked on the door, hoping that the address that Toga had found him was the right one.

A few seconds later, a tall man with a misty appearance opened the door. He was wearing a full suit and had is long dark hair done up neatly, despite the fact that it was a Saturday evening.

"Who are you?" he asked curtly

"I'm Dabi," the teenager responded, "I-is Tomura was home?"

"Nice to meet you Dabi," said the man respectfully, "I'm Tomura's father. You can call me Mr. Kurogiri." He tilted his head back and called up the stairs behind the door way, "Tomura!!! Someone's here to see you!"

A few seconds later the blue-haired boy rushed down the stairs.

"Oh! You're here!" he exclaimed, "This is the guy I was talking about Dad," he said, "The one I'm going on a date with tonight." He stepped out the door. "Shall we go?" he asked, turning to Dabi.

"Wait one second," Mr. Kurogiri said, stopping the two teenagers, "In that case, I'll need to talk to young Dabi here for a second." He pulled the teen inside, shutting the door behind them rather forcefully.

"So you want to f*ck my son, do you?" he asked suspiciously. Dabi gulped nervously.

"Well....if you put it that way it sounds rather bad," he said shakily, "I was thinking we could go out to a movie, or to dinner, or something like that. Perhaps leave the sex for later?"

Mr. Kurogiri sighed. "Fine, you two can go," he said, as if he was being the most generous person in the world.

Dabi reached for the door handle, a feeling of relief washing over him. "But if you ever think of hurting my son," Mr. Kurogiri added on ominously, "Don't think I'm joking when I say you're cold, dead body is going to end up in an alleyway the next neighborhood over."

Dabi swallowed again, but managed to open the door and step outside of the house. He was met with Tomura's smiling face, which immediately seemed to brighten his mood.

"Sorry about that," the other boy said, "My dad's pretty strict."

"Is it because...I'm a boy?" asked Dabi, fiddling with the zipper on his jacket nervously.

Tomura laughed. "No of course not!" he said through giggles, "He has a boyfriend himself!"

"Oh," said Dabi, suddenly remembering that Tomura was adopted. "Then why...?"

"His first relationship was with a guy in 11th grade. They had been dating for a few weeks and the guy...wanted to go further. But when my dad refused to the guy called it off, breaking Dad's heart," Tomura said, "I guess he just doesn't want the same to happen to me."

Dabi nodded. "Now that you say that, it makes a lot of sense," he said, "Don't worry, I won't make you do anything until you are ready."

"It's fine, you don't need to clarify," Tomura said smiling, "It's mainly my dad's problem, not mine." He reached out and grabbed the other boys hand, and they two of them walked to the car. Dabi got in the driver's seat and was just about to start backing out of the driveway where he saw a misty face in the window of the house. He made a small squeak in surprise.