The Cat's Out of the Bag

@KateLuna9 requested a Neko!Tomura x Dabi AU-type thing where Tomura is hit by a neko quirk so here it is! (Only 1 1/2 months late lol)

~starrfish

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was night when the phone rang at the bar, echoing throughout the empty bar of the league of villains.

Dabi slowly stood up from his spot on the couch, rubbing his eyes as he awoke from a state of delirium. It was rare for anyone to call the league on mission nights, and when they did, they'd usually call someone's personal phone. Whoever had called them was probably just some dumb telemarketer who had gotten their phone numbers mixed up on their list.

But that call had woken him up, so Dabi answered it anyway.

"Hello?" he said blearily, placing the phone against his ear.

"Finally! We got a hold of you!" Kurogiri's voice sounded over the microphone. "Listen," he said, "Shigaraki's been hit by some pro-hero's quirk and he needs to go back to the base. But he's a bit...incapacitated...so we need you to take care of him while we're fighting."

"Hit by a quirk, you say," Dabi mumbled, "But Shigaraki usually stays in the fight until he's pretty much dead. A flesh wound won't even stop him."

"Yeah, well, it's a Neko-type quirk and..."

"And?"

"Well 'neko' refers to a quirk that makes someone more submissive than usual. It makes it harder for them to refuse orders and it nullifies their quirk." Kurogiri said, "It also gives them cat ears and a tail."

"What??" said Dabi, not sure if he'd heard the last part correctly over the muffling of the telephone, "Did you say cat ears?"

An explosion sounded in the background of the call. "I don't have time to explain so just....take him," Kurogiri shouted over the background noise, "I'll open up a warp now!" The sound cut off and the line went dead, the phone buzzing in Dabi's hands. A few seconds later, a purplish warp gate appeared and out stepped a meek, skinny figure with long hair, pale skin and of course, bright blue cat ears right on the top of his head.

"So I heard Kurogiri right after all," Dabi smirked, staring at Tomura's ears and chuckling, "You have become part furry."

"Shut the f*ck up," Tomura responded flatly.

"Aaaaaaand not much else has changed," said Dabi, "You're still an annoying little piece of sh*t. I suppose no quirk would ever change that."

Tomura rolled his eyes.

"You know," Dabi continued, "When Kurogiri said 'submissive' I thought you would be like, a scared little kid. A few heads shorter, least."

"How much shorter can I get?"

Dabi laughed. "Exactly. In fact I'm confused to why they took you out of battle at all."

Tomura placed his hand flat on the coffee table next to him, all five fingers touching the wooden surface. The table, however, remained intact.

"They took away my quirk," he said, "And there's this thing with not being able to refuse orders? I don't really know. Kurogiri knew more about the quirk than me."

Dabi nodded. "Go take a shower and change into clean clothes," he said to Tomura, staring at the battle worn clothing draped across the other man's body, "You look pretty worn out."

Tomura cheeks went pink and he seemed to stutter for a second, but he walked upstairs towards the bathroom and his room anyway. A little while later, he appeared in the main room again, dressed in a light blue sweatshirt and what appeared to be black leggings. His hair was still dripping with water, and his tail hung loosely behind him. "Really," he said, grumbling, "Of all the things you could have ordered me to do, a shower had to be one of them. You know cats hate water, don't you?"

"I never 'ordered' you to do anyth-" Dabi started. He suddenly remembered Kurogiri's words. It's harder for them to refuse orders, the older man had said over the phone. Dabi shook his head in embarrassment suddenly becoming very flustered because of his mistake, "I'm so sorry!" he said quickly, "I didn't realize that I was ordering you. I'll be more careful in the future."

Tomura just nodded silently.

"Well, do you want to play some video games or something? I was just sleeping before Kurogiri called but we can set up the PS4 if you want," Dabi suggested.

"S-s-sure," Tomura said, the same pinkish color returning to his cheeks. Dabi froze.

"Was that an order? Do you want to do something else?" he asked nervously.

"N-no video games are great," Tomura insisted, "And you phrased it as a question so it was fine."

Dabi nodded, "If you say so, Shiggy." He sat down on the couch in the center of the room and turned the TV on, switching it to the PS4. He patted the spot next to him and held up a controller.

"Here," he said. Tomura took the controller and sat at the other end of the couch. Dabi stared at him quizzically. "Why are you sitting all the way over there?" he asked curiously, "Do I have cooties or something?"

"No," Tomura said quietly, "I-i just don't want you to distract me while we're playing." He took control of the console and loaded up Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, putting himself as player one. Dabi had played this game a few times in the past, but it soon became clear who was better at the game.

After multiple games, Dabi threw his controller down on the couch in annoyance. "I quit!" he exclaimed, getting up and turning off the console.