A Midnight Intruder

How can you fix someone that is broken on the inside?

Qrow POV

It's been weeks since [Y/N] returned and so far he's been sealed inside his new room, not speaking to anyone. We've tried everything to get him to talk to us, but nothing is working.

Summer: It pains me to see [Y/N] like this.

Raven: What can we do. We caused him to be like this

Ruby: Will big brother ever like us again?

Summer: I don't know Ruby.

Qrow: Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get him to open up to us, it'll just take time.

Everyone thought about it and realized I had a point it will take time to rebuild our trust with [Y/N].

*Timeskip*

3rd POV

It was the middle of the night as [Y/N] woke up after suffering from another nightmare ever since he woke up from his coma. Suddenly a beowolf broke through the window. This woke everyone up as they grabbed their weapons.

Qrow: What was that?

Raven: It sounds like it came from [Y/N]'s room.

Everyone rushed over to see what was going on only to discover a beowolf was slowly making its way to him

Tai: How did a Beowulf get in here?

Qrow: [Y/N] must have accidentally attracted it.

Raven: Ruby, Yang get your brother to safety, I'll take care of this.

Summer: Are you sure Raven?

Raven: It's the only way I can make it up to [Y/N].

Qrow: Alright I hope you know what you're doing.

Raven's thoughts: [Y/N], I know I've done countless horrible things to you and I know no matter what I say or do it won't make up for it, but I'll do whatever it takes to help you, even if I have to die to make you happy.

Raven got into her battle stance as everyone go [Y/N] to safety. The beowolf charged at her with its claws. She blocked the attack and swings at it only for her to miss. They then charged at each other only for the beowolf cut Raven's arm, however she uses this moment to kill it. Holding her wounded arm, she goes to the rest of the family.

Qrow: Raven you're injured!

Raven: I'll be fine. More importantly is [Y/N] ok?

Summer: He seems unharmed.

Raven: Good.

Everyone gathered around [Y/N].

Qrow: Don't worry your safe now kid.

The boy eventually stopped cowering and looked in front of him.

Qrow: How about we teach you how to defend yourself?

The boy shook his head

Qrow: Why not?

The boy looked around until he saw a pen and some paper as he wrote down his response. Everyone's hearts sank as they saw what he wrote.

Because I'm weak.

So [Y/N] has finally interacted with his family. However the result is less than positive. Can they get the young child to see his potential, or will he continue to be the weakling he thinks he is?